Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichHelms

So, what do you think?

82 posts in this topic

i'm still getting use to and liking all the new features (i haven't tried a lot of them yet). at the top of any given page is a bar with something like - Club smart Car > Site Administration & Feedback > Site Feedback > So, what do you think? is written. is it much effort to have it at the bottom of the page also? if not, that's okay, just asking.

:D:D:D

Not too much effort, but I believe we were waiting to see what other things people would like before actually doing it and rebuilding the database.(In addition, it would have to be done for each skin we have)I like it on the bottom as well. :)

I'm sure that will be implemented. I doubt anyone will have any particular problem with it so its just a matter of getting it done. Time and will :) Thanks for the suggestion - Steven

Site is working good, but it will be even better as more tweeks are made.Things to think about, IMO. The front page hurts the site. It's full of old, negitive articles. I now skip it.Delete posts, Yes, even an hour time out is better than nothing, But never longer then 4Hrs.More "reply" and "start new thread" boxes at bottom of pages.This site is becoming more and more international, and I for one, feel much more comfotable posting in all the forums... Thanks S-Mack. :) A2Jack.

Edited by a2jack

I agree that our portal page needs a team of contributors. I think there is plenty of room there for both the 'In the news' column AND a section of entertaining and informative articles.I also think there is a pressing need to have moderators in regional forums to take care of housekeeping duties like stickies, locking stale topics, etc. I mentioned earlier that I'd like to have the regional discussions NOT appear in the 'Todays active topics' and 'Latest discussions' sections----but I understand that might not be possible with this software.On a promotional slant (slightly off-topic):I think there is a timely need for us to have an updated business card template showing the current 451 series smart and our .com location. Those cards can then be printed at home and left on windshields of the zillion new owners across North America.I'd like to see us all googling to get here so that our stature on the google pages moves up from page 4 when googling 'smart car'.Also, if any members have a local newspaper that lists 'Car Clubs' in the auto section, submit a listing for Clubsmartcar.com

Deezle,You made a great suggestion when you said, "I think there is a timely need for us to have an updated business card template showing the current 451 series smart and our .com location. Those cards can then be printed at home and left on windshields of the zillion new owners across North America." I just did some tinkering with the logo and came up with a cabrio and .com solution for a make shift promotional club item that I just purchased for my new smart. You'll see it in the coming weeks but I agree whole heartedly! We really need this card for "I Spotted You" and to hand out to the curious.Thanks,Regina

Here's the link for the old, outdated cards that DangerDan made up. He's a member with very little free time, so I'm not sure if he'd be willing to take on an updated version. Perhaps we have some other graphic designers willing to work on some possibilities.

link to outdated cards

Perhaps we should open a new topic to start a discussion of possible new card designs?

Edit: I just started a new topic here.

Edited by deezle