Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrrucke

New Jersey Dealerships

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,On Saturday, December 8, I went to Ray Catena's smart dealership in Edison, NJ. They are nearing the final stages of their smart showroom remodel. At this location, Ray Catena sells Jags, MB, Range Rover, Lexus and some other high end models with the addition of the smart showroom. The new showroom should be completed by early to mid-January 2008. The Sales Manager informed me that they have 700 smarts on pre-order and 500 smarts are on a boat headed to the states. The SM was headed to Rhode Island for the week and when she returns she plans to provide me with updates on the smarts. I gave her my name and number so she can contact me with more info.Yippie!Regina :rolleyes:

My invite for the roadshow was at Benzel Busch Mercedes in Englewood NJ. At the time they said that they were going to be a Smart dealer. I emailed them on Monday the 10th of December to see if they were infact going to be a Smart dealer. I've yet to hear from them however. Perhaps I'll take a ride over someday. I just wish that SmartUSA would give us some info. I want my Smart!

Jon,You should definitely drive over there. You get more than the standard (non-response). Enjoy and see ya on the boards!Regina

Apparently Benzel Busch Mercedes in Englewood NJ IS going to be a Smart dealer. Someone pointed out to me that yesterday they had a half page advertisment in The Record newspaper saying that the Smart will be avaliable in January '08.

Hey Gang,Today, I sent the following email to the Leigh Farrell, the smart Sales Manager at Ray Catena's Dealership in Edison, NJ. Hopefully, she replies in a positive way.Thanks,Regina********************Hi Leigh,My name is Regina Rucker and I stopped by the dealership a couple of Saturdays ago. I was the African American woman who reserved one of the smart passion cabrios on March 19 on smartUSA.com. I also had the pleasure of attending the Smart Invitational at your dealership and the Road Show in Red Bank this past summer.When we spoke, you mentioned you were heading to Rhode Island but that you would make a point to follow up with me upon your return. Since I didn't hear from you, I thought I would send you this quick note. I'm still very interested in learning when your smart showroom will be completed. Hopefully, you plan to have an open house because I would love to attend.With regard to the smart, I think you should be aware of the largest and oldest North American smart website called ClubsmartCar.com. It started nearly three years ago in Canada and has now broadened its membership to include the US. As a member and a new Moderator of the "Come Introduce Yourself" forum, we would like to extend an invitation to you and your smart staff to become members. We have a dealership forum and would be glad to have Ray Catena of Edison, New Jersey as a part of our happy home. This is a great place to showcase your sale opportunities, information about your dealership and to keep smart enthusiasts updated on what you have to offer. We have a lot of Northeastern smart enthusiasts and expect several more as time rolls on.Again, thank you for meeting with me and please keep me updated on the smart. I have ordered a Blue/Black Passion Cabrio with the Comfort Package. I also intend to purchase an extra set of panels and many other options and accessories for my smart. In addition, my daughter has a Black/Black reserved as well which is just like mine. However, she only recently reserved her smartie in November so I know she will have to wait a long time before your dealership gives her a call. No matter, we both are very excited about the car. We, along with CsC, are also very excited about building a relationship with you, your smart service and parts departments.Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon,Regina

Hey Gang,I just received a call from Danny Wong from Ray Catena Motors in Edison, NJ in response to my email to Leigh Farrell. Per Danny, RCM has hired a Service Mechanic straight from France who has 7 years of smart experience. In addition, Danny claims that within the new smart Nation (his quote, not mine) RCM will be the largest US smart showroom and be the first one to open in 2-3 weeks. He and Leigh just got back from a smart conference in Rhode Island which I believe included all the other owners and/or their representatives from across the country.With regards to accessories and the like, he said satellite radio and bluetooth add-ons will not be available in order to keep the price down. However, he said I can purchase those items aftermarket. I was happy to learn that a set of panels will only cost $900 plus tax. They are also on schedule to receive a fully loaded smart with all the accessories added within this 2-3 week window. He invited me back to the showroom to get another look around because it is complete but without the cars. I'll head up there on Saturday for another peek.More importantly, they will receive access to the smart nation's database in a couple of weeks so they can track my car (and everyone else) on the ship. YIPPEE!!!!WOW! I'm very happy to report that Danny was very excited and knowledgeable about my new car and the dealership. More to come,Regina :bustamove:

Edited by rrrucke

I just talked to a Mr. Hill of the Smart Center of Englewood (phone # 201-408-2080). He was very helpful and said that the dealership is built and ready to go, all it needs a bit of little trim molding in the showroom and some cars to sell. I asked if service manuals were going to be available, he said I was the second person to ask him that and that he thinks they will be available eventually. I got the impression that they should be getting some cars the second half of January because he mentioned a shipment arriving Jan 13. I gave him info and he said he'll call me when they get some cars in.