Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razorback

Nasr

29 posts in this topic

I have submitted a request for more volunteers at: Smartcar of America website. Just so you all know that this idea is still in the pre-planning stage. I think if we get a few more volunteers that we will be ready to start the rally pre-planning. Just have to wait and see. Currently here at CsC we have 2 volunteers and 1 potential that I'm waiting a reply.

Edited by Razorback

Thinking BIG?

Has anyone thought to contact Penske group to propose corporate involvement? The scale of this Rally would suggest a gigantic grassroots-inspired opportunity to involve ALL smart car drivers!

2cts

Bil :sun:

As of this post there are including me 5 people who have volunteered and awaiting 1 more to reply. If the preplanning goes well then the group can formalize the event and while many may be thinking big it really will depend upon the number of "FIRM" commitments of attendees as to how involved this NAsR would become. I would like to see a small-medium sized event but untill other things can be fleshed out and then promoted then we will have a better idea of where to go from there.

Bill you would be a welcome addition should you choose to volunteer :dominate:

I'll vouch for Bil! :) Actually he was a huge force in helping organize the B.C. section of the 2006 Cross Canada Relay/Fundraiser. Hardly screwed-up at all. ;) I can't commit to something like this, because I know how it snowballs into a time-consuming monster. But I'm willing to contribute my 2c of unsolicited advice from time to time. For example:1. Plan it far enough into the future so that people can book some vacation time to attend.2. Location will be critical. You might want to try a few different cities for the first few years---not only will it give you a sense of what is most successful, but it will raise awareness for the event in different areas and thus build future success.3. Choose a good charitable cause as a focus for the event---not just 'smart drivers exhibiting self-indulgence'. It'll give the event some depth.edit: your link doesn't, Bil.

Edited by deezle