Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

Tracking The 451s For The United States Of America

122 posts in this topic

FWIW I saw smart cars in the Long Beach docks a couple days agto in the VNC holding area for release to carriers.Aaron Lephart

Hey Gang,

Club 1173 Member Info:

I got the dealer call from Leigh at smart center of Edison, NJ. My VIN# ends with 091928 for a blue/black passion cabrio. Expected delivery later next week. Leigh's been told the first deliveries are heading to the furtherest dealerships from the ports. My baby is sitting in Baltimore with 29 other reserved cars for her dealership.

Thank God, now I can breathe :P !

Regina

WMEEJ31X48K094515 my smart is sitting in Long Beach right now. Delivery to Beverly Hills, CA next week. (45 minutes away).Hope this helps, the VIN isn't on WWLs site. Perhaps NHK?

Thanks very much for the VIN! And congratulations on the imminent delivery :)None of the FL or CA cars are showing on W-W, so the search for the carrier continues. I will post any discoveries as I make them....stay tuned.

Mike T. I got my VIN number today and I went to cargo track and it was discharged this morning at 8:00am in Baltimore. It is the first number on your list for Jan 7th. Thanks for all your help. I guess it will leave the dock Monday with all the others.

Thank you!So far I've not been able to do VIN searches at Maersk, even though I have membership there and full access to their site. I will keep trying....If the cars destined for FL and CA are shipped with NYK, online tracking will not be possible, which would be a total a pain in the arse. That would mean that only Baltimore cars could be tracked and added to our US 451 VIN registry. So it might at best have 1/3 of all US cars in it.Anyway we will keep trying.....

Hey Gang,

Club 1173 Member Info:

I got the dealer call from Leigh at smart center of Edison, NJ. My VIN# ends with 091928 for a blue/black passion cabrio. Expected delivery later next week. Leigh's been told the first deliveries are heading to the furtherest dealerships from the ports. My baby is sitting in Baltimore with 29 other reserved cars for her dealership.

Thank God, now I can breathe :P !

Regina

Congrats, Regina!

Holy moly this train has finally started rolling.

I just received an email from Smart that my car is on the way to Alexandria Smart center and will be delivered from there since the beach center is under construction...!!yippie

Schmart - Finally you got confirmation. I'm pretty sure you were the first person to reserve. What was your reservation time again on 3/19 (EST)?Gotwavs, this has been one of the best train rides of my life for material things. Toot, toot!!!Regina :jerry:

I'm 09:32:52 PST and for some reason it arrived at the Baltimore dock yesterday at 8:00am. My sheet at the dealer says "in transit" which at the time smart printed the form it was. Does anyone know if they will try to get all the cars out of the dock area. I know that No cars will be leaving until Monday the 14th.

I received my dealer call at lunch today... Mercedes-Benz of South Charlotte (NC). Said the car was in the US but as the dealership isn't finished, they won't take delivery until the beginning of February. I didn't even think to ask for the VIN... but I may call back and will report here.I am completely excited!

There is only one lonely smart headed to Baltimore on the Faust, arriving on the 26th:100950However, it is the 1000th car to arrive in Baltimore!

:smart: I got this email this morning:

Great News! We are excited to inform you that your smart fortwo is scheduled to arrive in the United States within the next 30 days. You will be one of the first customers to experience this amazing vehicle in the United States. Based on your address of record, your order has been assigned to

smart center Sarasota

4821 Clark Rd

Sarasota, FL 34233

Phone Number: (941) 924-3019

smart center Sarasota will be contacting you shortly to work out details of your purchase agreement and arrange for delivery.

The major dissapontment is my dealership in Clearwater won't open until late Feburary or early March. :rabbi:

But I get my car!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!! :race:

Mike, I have gleaned several VIN's or the last few digits of owner's VIN's in the United States, so I thought I'd forward them to you to see if you could piece together any information. They are as follows:WMEEJ31X48K094515WMEEJ31X48K087418WMEEK31X78K086714WMEEJ31X118K091846 ENDING IN: 0877508671408495409161908671408638578K085100You may already have all these, but it's all I've seen so far.

Many of those are new to me, so must have come into other ports. Where were they spotted?

Actually, they were all posted on Smart Car of America's forum. They are from all over the country and all 1173's. I almost attached the states with them, but was mostly through the list before I 'thought' of that.I checked my own from shipping records and it came into Baltimore and was discharged or whatever their terminology is on Dec. 13th, 2007. I noticed that somebody out east said the same thing about his car, although I didn't have his VIN #.

Harleyduo said:

Mike, I have gleaned several VIN's or the last few digits of owner's VIN's in the United States, ...

Actually I don't have anything yet. As soon as they contact me I will get the VIN (if possible) and pass it along.

I am so excited and anxious. Hope I get the colors, options, etc. that I wanted and ordered.

Edited by Mikey

My VIN is WMEEJ31X98K085244, arrived in Long Beach and headed for San Diego. It's in the first shipment of 22 cars for that dealer, and I am a 1173 reservation holder. Hope that helps. (Passion coupe, silver/silver.)

Thanks for that, I will keep trying to track the Long Beach and Jacksonville shipments.So far I'm coming up empty, other than what you folks are feeding me!