Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

Identifying First Day Depositors By Dealership/michigan

2 posts in this topic

OK, We've had people all across the USA identifying themselves as placing a deposit on the first day, but maybe it's time to get some sort of a feeling of how many of those align with each specific dealer. I think that may give us all a clearer picture of how many cars have to arrive at your own area's dealer before you stand a chance of getting your car.For instance, if a dealership is only going to be getting a dozen or so cars per shipment..(and that's just a wild guess I picked out of the sky), it would stand to reason that if that same dealership had a large number of deposits on the first day from it's area's customers, that they are not all going to get one of the first twelve. However, if on the other hand, there were only a half dozen or so people who deposited on the first day, then those individuals might have a far better chance of being one of the first if that dealership received a dozen or so cars, and in all probability, the people with the next number in line would be wanting to know how many of them there were. I propose we use this site to 'track' the Bloomfield Hills dealership and add up our numbers, especially the first numbers until we get some sort of 'picture' of how many are arriving via each shipment and the calls start being made by the dealership.Put me down as an 1173 for Bloomfield Hills, MICHIGAN and mine is a Cabrio Passion. HOw many more Cabrio Passions for the same number out of Bloomfield?

HD.It appears that our local dealer (Bloomfield) is not even close to comming on line on Jan 2.Wife went by there thurs, and they still have not even put the exterior cover on the biulding. There are not any outside Smart signs or logos. There are no new 2008 Smart cars anywhere around the place. However, as others have noted, there is ongoing construction inside the showroom space, but it has been going at a very slow pace.If they handle the call/sell/delivery process as slow as they have moved on this building we won't see our cars until Spring at best. :rolleyes: I agree we need to set up some kind of tracking system. I assume our cars will be shipped in to Baltimore, then trucked over to Bloomfield. For a Jan del date they would have to be here by now. Perhaps they are being held on some vacant lot here in the SE Michigan area ? We need a spotter on the Baltimore docks like the CsC folks have here at Halifax.As for place in line is concerned, I think you are about number one in the state. :) But first we need to find those missing cars...A2jack.