Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianC

451 Actual Realistic Mileage, Anyone?

187 posts in this topic

absolutely no special tools to remove and replace the exhaust. Unless your tool chest is only full of SAE tools and you consider metric and torx etc "special".

Never had a Socket torx ,so I considered it special like the thread on the tow hook bolt.Took it to both of our hardware Suppliers they said its not SAE nor Metric. Finally ordered some from Smart Madness. Purpose?wanted to mount a Bumper.One Bikerack Bolt from M.B. $ 39.00.

Edited by ve7joe

I get what you mean, Joe. Yes, that Acme thread is not common, but is used on a number of EU cars these days, including smart and Mini. Pretty much the entire contents of my tool chests were SAE before I got the smart. But over the last 6-7 years I am slowly accumulating a set of suitable metric tools :thumbup:Bil :sun:

Just filled up my 451 at Can. Tire with premium that they claim is ethanol free.All City driving short trips outside Temp around 20C 187.3 Km @16.572Litersmakes 8.8481L/100 or 31.851 Mpg (imperial). But everybody seems to agree with M.B. that there is nothing wrong with this Car.Catalytic runs very hot. Sorry I can not achieve your Mileages,believe me I wish I could.

My 1966 Peugeot does better than that.

Bill, I have two large Tool boxes in both SAE and Metric including torx but no Socket Torx and ill be if I am going to invest in something I might be using only once. I was made aware of that by watching a U-tube where someone changed the OEM to a Performance muffler. Are you aware of anyone doing or having a remap done on the 451 I know it is being done to the 450 with good results. should meet sometimes usually go for coffee in the morning to the Capri center A&W.Ill buyRegardsquote name='bilgladstone' date='Oct 1 2012 - 02:08 PM' post='302992']I get what you mean, Joe. Yes, that Acme thread is not common, but is used on a number of EU cars these days, including smart and Mini. Pretty much the entire contents of my tool chests were SAE before I got the smart. But over the last 6-7 years I am slowly accumulating a set of suitable metric tools :thumbup:Bil :sun:

Edited by ve7joe

I know and I am not proud of it.I don't drive it easy though.

My 1966 Peugeot does better than that.

Bill, I have two large Tool boxes in both SAE and Metric including torx but no Socket Torx and ill be if I am going to invest in something I might be using only once. I was made aware of that by watching a U-tube where someone changed the OEM to a Performance muffler. Are you aware of anyone doing or having a remap done on the 451 I know it is being done to the 450 with good results. should meet sometimes usually go for coffee in the morning to the Capri center A&W.Ill buyRegards

Thanks for the invitation! I might take you up on that one day. TTYS,Bil :sun:

I know and I am not proud of it.I don't drive it easy though.

This is it... I'd have to see you in action to know anything more than what I can read... I don't believe everything I read.If I take your car out for a couple hundred kms, I bet you a ScanGauge I can get a 5.5 or better...No amount of hydrogen in your fuel line is going to get you from an 8.2 to a 5.5 without blowing up your car real good.

PS - Steven Morehouse of smartieparts.com had a machine shop make some really high quality bumper bolts, they sold for about $25.00 each.... they were the real deal.... I hope you won't be towing with the bike rack bolts....

Hi All,Some of you may remember me while I'm a newbie for others.I was one of the first few 450 owners in Canada when it was first launched.Managed to do 3.9L/100km over 46000km before I was forced to sell my car.There is NOT one single day went by that I don't regret selling it :(Now I'm in the position to get myself another one but was so disheartened to find out that they no longer offer Diesel version on 451 and the gas version's published fuel consumption figures are down right terrible.Are there any 451 owners out there who can report a more pleasing fuel consumption value?Even if it's somewhere around 4 - 4.5L/100km combined, I'd pull the trigger and get myself into a new fortwo this X'mas.If it's really as bad as published (5.9L/100km) or worse, then I guess I'll have to wait until they eventually bring a diesel version back or try to find a nice used one.Any help are greatly appreciated! :bowdown:best regards,BrianC

Brian,You cannot expect the 451 to get the same fuel economy as a diesel motor.The best I've achieved is 5.4 litres per 100km on the freeway going from Langley BC to Seattle Washington. Mixed city driving with some highway, I average around 5.8 - 6.4 (worst) litres per 100km.

Might want to take a look at the date on the post that you just quoted ... ! ! !My 451 normally uses near 5.5 L/100 km give or take about 0.5 from that. I've had a couple of fill-ups just below 5 L/100 km. Winter is more like 6. Works for me.