Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TexSmart

Whos Gonna Have A Smart In Texas?

25 posts in this topic

Hey TexSmart, I am waiting on my smart car here in San Antonio. I know of 2 others that I told about the $99 res that are also waiting on smarts. The dealer map showed Dallas, Houston, & S.A. as getting dealerships. I can't wait.

Hey TexSmart, I am waiting on my smart car here in San Antonio. I know of 2 others that I told about the $99 res that are also waiting on smarts. The dealer map showed Dallas, Houston, & S.A. as getting dealerships. I can't wait.

Will be interesting to see how many Texas Smarts are resrved -- must be a pretty good # to have 3 dealerships.Also wonder if all 3 dealerships will come on line at the same time.What did you order and when did you order?Can't wait either!

I reserved mine back in April. I originally was going to get a cabrio, but after reviewing my pictures of cars on the test drive , I changed my order to a red/silver passion. Ordered the red interior. Talked to my friend here in S.A. and he is getting a yellow/black pure. Got my big E-mail confirmation last week.

In Harlingen TX, have a Yellow/silver cabrio on order.Looks like San Antonio will be my dealer.LaterRich B)

Hi Lizzy,

Welcome to CsC. Please go to our Introduce Yourself forum to give us some background on your love for this little car. I see you have been a member since May but this is your first post. I hope you get your smartie real soon!

Regina

I'm in Bedford with reservation from April 4. I configured on Nov. 17 and am anxiously awaiting my black/silver Pure!

I'm from Houston. I reserved mine in October. I know, I'm late to the party. I'm going to have a long wait and I guess I'll entertain myself by reading other people's posts.

I guess I'm a "Smart" hog....I already have a 2005 Passion Cabrio cdi, and I'm on the reservation list for a new one also. Love em.....my 2005 has hardly had any problems at all. Had to recharge the A/C once this last week but other than that it's been strictly oil changes, fuel filter changes, and air filter changes. Can't beat it.I've been wavering on actually going through with the new purchase though. I'm not too happy with the new Mitsubishi engine change out. Plus, I'm now hearing that within the next years imports we may be getting the hybrid or electric models. So, I'm still deciding what to do. I may hold out for that new hybrid that has come out in Europe for 2008.

SCOOP!!! I stopped in to the MERCEDES dealer in Spring (I45 & FM 1960) where I took my test drive last year -- asked one of the salesmen if they have been designated as a SmartCar dealer.Answer is YES, (said they are doing the construction of the dealership as we speak, behind one of the walls in the showroom)and he said there will be another across town in Sugarland.Unoffically: 2 Houston dealerships!This one is probably 1.5 miles from my house, as the crow flies!AWESOME!!!

Hey guys. I have been driving my Silver Passion since June 2006. Love it; have over 32000 miles and no problems. And have been on the site since October 2006 as TexasSmart. Am up here in the Rolling Plains south of Lubbock, west of Abilene, north of Big Spring, and east of Midland in Borden County. Let's keep in touch as I hear there is a dealer open in Round Rock. That is a lot closer that the dealer where I bought my car (WA state). Keep the wheels turning!!

I got an orphan configured almost the same as my order. Red/silver & red interior. We saw it Sun. at the dealer and I told the salesman if that guy backs out, call me. Monday I had just dropped off my wife at the airport for her 10 day trip to Germany when my sales guy called and told me and said the car was available. My wife is SO mad. I get the new smart all to myself till late next week! Will post pics soon. Also while I was there, a stream green 450 from Canada pulled in and they were looking at the new smarts while the rest of us were looking at their car.

Also Got onto Allstate Last week they are on it....... new make and model sent to HQ.... quote for make not found was $60 per MO. so when its in the system should be less

I got an orphan configured almost the same as my order. Red/silver & red interior. We saw it Sun. at the dealer and I told the salesman if that guy backs out, call me. Monday I had just dropped off my wife at the airport for her 10 day trip to Germany when my sales guy called and told me and said the car was available. My wife is SO mad. I get the new smart all to myself till late next week! Will post pics soon. Also while I was there, a stream green 450 from Canada pulled in and they were looking at the new smarts while the rest of us were looking at their car.

Just curious -- common sense and actual reports say the orphans are getting marked up.How did you do?Maybe not in your case, because you have one on order (and they can mark that one up when it comes in). Edited by TexSmart

They didn't have time to load it up with extras. The cars arrived late Sat. and they called me to say the guy backed out on Mon. Car wasn't even prepped yet.

Kurt in Moody TX 76557... My computer crashed months ago and I don't remember what I ordered. When I got my confirmation I was playing around with different configurations, pressed the enter and it was done; but what had I done? Lost everything when the computer went down. Should be getting a call from the dealer in the next 90 days.Always liked surprises, all I can remember was trying to come up with some wild color combinations :mellow: Yes I know I can call the Smart HQ and get the info but why; it will spoil the surprise. Estimated ETA Date:3/7/2008 to 6/5/2008

My wife drove mine for a week while her 02 T-bird was in the shop. She liked it so much she went by and put her name on the orphan list. They called her last week and now she is driving a white/silver cabrio. Once again San Antonio Smart did not load it up with extras and we paid MSRP. Now we are twice as smart! Good thing she has one to drive of her own because the T-bird had to go back in the shop, they didn't fix it the first time.

I'm Angel in the DFW area. Blue/Black/Tan orphan.Still have my original reservation on order.Blue/Black/Black leather.Reserved 20 May 07.Configured 1 Mar 08.DDE Nov 08 - Jan 09.

Configured 25 Aug 08, have a reservation date of Nov 07.

Res. number 1409

Smart email says to expect delivery sometime between Nov 08 and Jan 09.

Really wanted a yellow one but they are no longer available.

Ordered a White/Blk/ with Biege interior.

Guess I need to change my log in name to W/B Smartie lol.

San Antonio was selected as my dealer.

Good luck to those still waiting to confirm.

Later

Rich B)

You are welcome to join us SAsmarts. We have had a few events so far. Usually 12-13 smarts show up about once a month.

Thanks Mike,Dealer called, said car should be in San Antonio 21 Nov 08. :D Does your club have a web site?LaterRich B)