Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bigmac

Locating Lost Keys

7 posts in this topic

I OWN A SMART CAR FROM EURO, AND LOST MY KEYS WHERE DO I GO TO NEW ONE MADE IF THAT IS POSSIBLE.HELPMAC

Welcome BigMac to Csc! I'm sure someone will assist you with your question but you might want to add your location to your profile as this may snag a better response from the membership. Thanks and good luck. Regina

We need more info. Is it a G&K converted smart? an illegal import? I'm with the understanding that in Canada a replacement key will cost around $300.

Contact any dealership. They will be the only ones that can help you get a new key, since the key will have to programmed for your car. And yes they are quite expensive.

Contact any dealership. They will be the only ones that can help you get a new key, since the key will have to programmed for your car. And yes they are quite expensive.

Actualy it's more the other way around. The car must be programmed for the key. Once this is done, the old remote no longer works. The key still turns the locks but the remote is more important for getting the car to actually run.,DDR