Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest patbianchi

Configuration E-mail 12-15-07

18 posts in this topic

Got the big e-mail on Sat night. The e-mail says we will get delivery in the 2nd half???? That sucks. I placed my reservation on 5-16-07At least they are moving forward with the processPat in LA

post-5149-1197907518_thumb.jpg

Wow Pat, you are the first person I heard is getting their car in mid 2008. If you reserved in May, then my daughter's November reservation means she might not get the car until early 2009.

Oh damn. I still havent got my config email yet from smart. Been unpatiently waiting. Reserverd in May as well. Live here in Los Angeles area as well. This bums me out now knowing even if I get my config email I will have to wait until 2nd half of 2008 to get the actual delivery. F^%$!

Hi in LA, have been anticipating arrival of Smarts for a long timeTried for years to economically import one from Canada to CalifGave up & am now waiting for a 451Reservation made in MarchCurious to hear of your progressGood luck,CM

Hi Cruise Missle,Good to see you reserved early. Tell us what car you are waiting on? Model/color, mods??? Thanks, Regina

I placed the order for my Passion fully loaded with comfort package and premium sound and it will ad close to $1200 on the tab but my other cars are Mercedes Benz SL's and Diesels and I like loaded. I ordered it Silver on Silver an additional $400!! I did see the silver/silver at the Smart House in Venice beach and it was all class...!!Reservation date 5/16/2007 9:42 AMStill sucks to have to wait until Q3 to get it...I have a suspicion that it will happen sooner. Many of my friends reserved one and will not buy and I suspect the same for a large portion of the reservationsPat in LALA land Cali

Pat,Good luck with getting your smartie in early summer. The silver/silver smart is hot!! Say, are you getting a cabrio or coupe??Regina

Hi Regina and all, I am waiting to finalize order for a PureWith most of the options except leather seats, < too slippery >And I will put in my own GPS, < Garmin c530 >I know it would be easier to order the higher optioned modelBut I like a hard top, < inside black for night driving >Have 2 MBZ 300CD, never open the sunroofs, except to lube themPlus, the solid roof provides an ideal ground plane for antennae< cell, wifi, cb, ers, ham, etc >Metallic Silver of course, with spare panels, < white ? >Fog lights a must, Additional LED backup lites, < white, super bright Luxeons >, with manual switch& the biggest air horns that will fit secretly, tank in bootReady to swap out the gaz engine for the wee little Blu-tec diesel ASAPHeard the Smart House is open in Venice Beach, on Abbot KinneyGoing to look for my reservation receipt this weekendHappy waitingCM & Goober

Hi Cruise, where will you get the engine? I guess you will scrap the warranty can't imagine they will cover the car after such a mod??

Hi Cruise, where will you get the engine? I guess you will scrap the warranty can't imagine they will cover the car after such a mod??

Hi, that's ok, I like to do most of the work myselfGood info re the 450's & soon 451's at: http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.phpAm currently pondering source of engine, I figure they are in short supply at the momentBe worth the effortLess effort than those lads who put the motorcycle engine in that SmartCM

Hi Cruise, thanks for the info. Do you have a resource in the US for after market wheels 16" 17" ?

[quote

Am currently pondering source of engine, I figure they are in short supply at the moment

Be worth the effort

Less effort than those lads who put the motorcycle engine in that Smart

CM

You should chek out this thread.

Someone has already dropped a diesel into a gasser 450. The pictures are very interesting!!!

I know it would be easier to order the higher optioned modelBut I like a hard top, < inside black for night driving >Have 2 MBZ 300CD, never open the sunroofs, except to lube themPlus, the solid roof provides an ideal ground plane for antennae< cell, wifi, cb, ers, ham, etc >

The hard top on the Pure is plastic, not a very good ground plane, I'm afraid.

Hi Cruise, thanks for the info. Do you have a resource in the US for after market wheels 16" 17" ?

Hi, the most informative seems to be the lads at Performance Automotive in Van NuysAt the N E corner of Haskell & StrathernTall tires rule of courseCM

The hard top on the Pure is plastic, not a very good ground plane, I'm afraid.

Hi, that's why I've been saving that big roll of sticky one side copper foilNow, if I can find the darn thingCM