Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mixed

Banner submissions

885 posts in this topic

I have noticed several 'new' photos showing up in the banner. Does this mean that someone is adding submitted pics to the mix?If so, here's a new submission for your consideration. LEADWING_Winter get-together.jpg

post-7529-1305836275_thumb.jpg

So having a wee bit of trouble with IrfanView, I put in 423 hoping to get 423 x 123, but instead it gives me 423 x 317 and I can't seem to shake that or figure out how to get it to the right dimensions :(Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

So having a wee bit of trouble with IrfanView, I put in 423 hoping to get 423 x 123, but instead it gives me 423 x 317 and I can't seem to shake that or figure out how to get it to the right dimensions :(Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D

I gave up on irfanView. I went to this site and managed to get the exact size. It takes a bit of exploring, but by using the "on your own" option, I managed to get it right.Ron :bike:

So having a wee bit of trouble with IrfanView, I put in 423 hoping to get 423 x 123, but instead it gives me 423 x 317 and I can't seem to shake that or figure out how to get it to the right dimensions :(

Sounds like 'Preserve aspect ratio (proportional)' option was selected. You may have to crop the image in one or both dimensions.

I gave up on irfanView. I went to this site and managed to get the exact size. It takes a bit of exploring, but by using the "on your own" option, I managed to get it right.Ron :bike:

I used it but my pictures look oddly smaller then everyone elses, so not sure what I keep fumbling up on :(Brit, Mathieu and Marty Car :D Edited by Britsmart

Here's a new submission for your consideration

Yours KfL B)

post-90-1340567100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kofångar-Lasse

Big ol BUMP!I'm going to look into getting some of these banners into circulation. I don't think any have been added since around post #842.

I figured out how to get pictures into the rotation, and have added all of the properly sized (423x123) pictures since post 842. I'm working on a few from my own collection, then I'll be adding them.It takes too long to crop and resize the pictures, so I don't intend to do anything with the improperly sized images posted above. If you want to have the picture added to the rotation, your picture needs to be posted in the right size (423x123), and (although not totally necessary), the file should have the appropriate naming convention too.