Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCHMART

January Board Of Directors Meeting

14 posts in this topic

January BOD meeting!

Your Input is important to us!

Hi Members! My name is Robert McBride

I as your BOD representative would like to solicit from you the membership your feelings on the Club and what you would like to see happening.

There have been a lot of changes to the web site and other aspects and we want to make sure we have your input on how you feel about this as well as taking any suggestions for improvement.

Please take few minutes and let us know how you feel about the current topics and any other items you would like to discuss. Feel free to respond to this post or by PM to me if you require discussion of the issue privately.

Here is a list of items the BOD currently wants some input on for the January meeting:

[*]Rules – we had a recent change to the rules – let us know if they meet your needs

[*]Policies – there have been some suggested changes and we would like to know if there are other areas – what are your thoughts?

[*]Incorporation of Club smart Car – this is the first step in getting us all official – it will permit us to have proper club status including being able to offer members CsC goodies and ensure we are good with all the Government types

[*]The New Website – let us know about the good, the bad and the ugly – it is your site as much as anyone's so we want it to work for you

[*]Anything Else – this is where the synergy comes in – collectively we get a chance to put our thoughts and ideas to work

thanks and here's wishing 2008 is a Smart and healthy year for you, your family and everyone in our Smart community.

Sincerely,

Robert

Edited by SCHMART

Schmart: Thanks for taking on this USA forum. We appreciate it. Here are my thoughts: Overall the site has improved, and the new software has reduced a lot of clutter.The USA Sub-Forums have little play, as we don't have the cars yet. But by spring they will be booming with social activity. We still might have a problem reaching our border States/Provinces for an event in (say) Windsor Ont. or Dearborn, Mi.Many more Americans are now posting subjects in the open CsC forums that formally would not have been read by all the rest of CsC members, as they were posted only in the US section. I love not having to double post. The only negitive I have here is: I hate the listing of the sub sections right at the top of the USA page. When the page comes up, all the USA posts are hidden below the line, and I automatically click on a section and never find what I'm looking for.Best Regards. :) A2Jack.

Edited by a2jack

I'm wondering where the US territories/colonies fall under in the subsections.

I thought you already asked that, suggested a place, and I put at least Puerto Rico there. I can't remember where that was, but I was pretty sure it was you that asked and I'm pretty sure I did it :) So if you look where you think you would probably suggest, then its likely there :)For the others, as with any territory, province, section, city... anything can be suggested and handled accordingly and now would be a great time in prep for the BOD meetings! Thanks.Cheers. - Steven

I did, but the change hasn't reflected on my end ;) Plus, I also PM'd Robert the list of other territories and geographically where I feel they would best be served on the forums :)

Schmart,I've already posted my commits so I think I'm all good. Say, in future, is there a place to submit suggestions to the BoD? If not, that would be nice to include on the site.Thanks,Regina

Edited by rrrucke

Originally there was to be a link to a Board of Directors page. There would be the list of BOD members and a little backgroung information on each board member. I think this is important and i plan on bringing up the topic again. I like your suggestion, :rolleyes:

Yeah, make sure that gets on the agenda! We'll make that happen. But really, "Site Feedback" is the place for suggestions unless for some reason its a suggestion you want to keep private.hey MKT... where was PR supposed to go? Because I'm sure I did it but now I can't find it either. Did I do it before the actual change over when it was just the test site? Now I can't remember :) - Steven

Site feedback is a great thing, but I thinlk its also good that members can feel they can get their desires and opinions to the Board...some BOD do not read site feedback I would guess.

Edited by SCHMART

Yeah, make sure that gets on the agenda! We'll make that happen. But really, "Site Feedback" is the place for suggestions unless for some reason its a suggestion you want to keep private.hey MKT... where was PR supposed to go? Because I'm sure I did it but now I can't find it either. Did I do it before the actual change over when it was just the test site? Now I can't remember :) - Steven

PR/USVI would fall under South Atlantic :) Guam and the countless other Pacific territories would be under Pacific.

Thanks. Yeah, I did get it then. This is the description for that section:

Includes: Delware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and DC. Also includes Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

I thought of something for the BoD meeting. Would you ask the BoD to consider having some pixs of the smart 450's and 451's on the front page? With all the words and articles, our front page doesn't look too friendly. In fact, it looks a little boring (sorry but it does).By showcasing a few of the 450's and 451's smarts in various color combos, our site becomes more eye catching. The banner is great but I think we need to nix Glenn's smart avatar which is attached to every article listed on the front page. Six grey smarts doesn't seem like a good introduction to the club when the car pixs should be "popping off the screen". The articles are good but let's only showcase the latest three and provide a link or arrow to allow someone to "click here for more articles". By removing the other three articles, we leave room for some cool pixs on our front page.Just thinking outside of the box.Thanks, Regina

Edited by rrrucke