Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kay

smart in the US?

8 posts in this topic

Yeah, I searched around a bit, but I guess it was farther back than I'd been expecting.

Interesting that the Zap name isn't attached to the article, though, but that was what I was wondering about when I first read it.

Thanks!

sorry for the ultimately late delay, but I just checked their website and gave them a call. They plan on having them available for general sale in October... and there's no sales tax in New Hampshire where the dealer is located.

This is very tempting :bustamove:

Available in coupe or convertible, the cars will be priced in the mid- to upper-$20,000 range.

Mid to upper $20,000 range. That's US dollars!! You can almost buy two Canadian Pure models for that price.

Before PDI and tax and whatever, maybe, but even a base pure with absolutely nothing is going to be around 20k CDN. :)

(I hate that!)

-Iain

My other options are possibly a grey market second hand model from a caribbean island or a grey market new or used canadian import. I've already found 2 garages in Orlando that already service smarts and are willing to assist me with parts/maintenance. MB of Orlando and Eurotech. MB South Orlando is outright refusing to touch one... even if it's a Canadian on vacation and the car were to break down.