Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anita-In-KC

Wow...no One Here?

10 posts in this topic

Wow...I can't be the only one in this part of the country! There were plenty of people at the tour! Where's everyone? Well...some of you may remember my story of the invitational drive here in Kansas City...when a reporter & his photographer followed me around for a story they were doing for...(drum roll)...Playboy Germany. Well, guess what I got in the mail yesterday?? An envelope from Germany...with a Playboy January edition inside. And guess what? There I am...mouth open in glee...in the test drive!! Of course, I'm reduced to just looking at the pictures (LOL!) since I can't read German. It's so cool, because I know the story is about me...german-german-german-Anita-german-german. HAHA!! Anyway...just thought I'd give you an update. It sounded so "yeah, right" at the time!

Yes, I'm trying to think of someone to translate...but you know what? I think I posted this in the wrong area. I just noticed that this is for "regional events." Whoops...sorry. Moderators...please accept my apologies. You may delete or move at your discretion.

I perhaps got ahead of myself with the organization of the Regional threads... its a bit of a mess right now while we figure out what to do exactly, and then clean up accordingly. So its not that nobody else from this region is on-board, just that there its not yet clear how to make the best use of these sections. I had a plan, but its come into question now and the Board of Directors has to hammer out the details. Thanks for your patience!And Happy Holidays. - Steven

Congratulations Anita! So how does it feel to be able to tell people that you had your picture in Playboy? (smile). I hope you get lots of 'fun' mileage out of that. Gee, I'm going to know a Smart owner that's a Playboy "model"...(giggle, giggle).That's just so awesome and of course, we all know that the German men just read it for the articles, anyways...

Thanks!! Yes...I've already had a little fun with it at my holiday gatherings. "I'm an international star!" LOL!! My hubby said I should take a copy of the article & keep it in the car; that way, if I get stopped...I can just say, "Hey, don't you know who I am??" Oh, yes...great fun will be had, I can assure you. I just can't get over it...I mean, really. What are the odds?? All of the tour cities...all of the people...all of the possible magazines in Europe wanting to know how us Americans are receiving the car...and there I am. I'm still in shock. But I have a smile on my face!! I can't help but think this will be an everlasting story in the family. My grandchildren will know about this one! Too funny.German men? Don't they ALL just get it for the articles?? (wink-wink)

Anita, if you send a copy of the article to our member Mike T, I think he'd be happy to translate it for you----but only if there are MANY attached photos.

As far as getting other locals turned on to this site, there are printable cards on here that you can leave on windshields of unsuspecting smartcars.

PS: Here's the link.

Edited by deezle

Hey Deezle,Can you make that Spotted Card double sided so I can fill in my contact information on the back? Also, can you edit the car so it reads as ".com" instead of ".ca"?Thanks,Regina

Edited by rrrucke

Hello Anita,I am over here in the St. Louis area in Jerseyville, IL. I get over to your area quite frequently, as my parents have a retirement place in Blue Springs. You are certainly not alone.