Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuuk

Capital Letters In The Titles... Ie: Bc, Ab, Ont, Usa

10 posts in this topic

Is there a setting that can be tweaked slightly?When I post things like 'UN' or 'WWF', it results in 'Un' and 'Wwf'....

Its there to prevent people from making titles like: LOOK WHAT I SAW!!! Which, believe it or not, happened a lot more than you'd think. "Shouting" is never encouraged, but especially in titles. But yeah, it has the unfortunate side effect of turfing acronyms, although Ont is handled correctly... its short hand for Ontario, not ONTARIO and isn't an acryonm... but your other examples are legit. Still, nothing really we can do about it except to turn the filter off and allow people to SHOUT again in titles.If its an issue, we can bring it up at the BOD meeting and make a decision on it. In the meantime I suppose you could put spaces or periods. Eg. U N, W W F, U.N., W.W.F. etc. Not ideal, but...I don't think anyone's going to be too overly thrown off by seeing Usa instead of USA. But that's just my opinion. Other thoughts? - Steven

Actually, periods between the letters is grammatically correct, if inconvenient (e.g. U.S.A., U.N., W.W.F. look right even if it's a pain to type them). Why can't life just be easy, eh? :wacko:

I thought perhaps there was a setting that would allow up to three letters to be caps or something. I know about the shouting...

It captilizes "smart" too, and messes other stuff up, like TPM etc.

True enough Razor... managing titles is part of their job description. I'll try to remember to bring it up at the BOD meeting but there's a lot to be discussed, so this issue might get back-burnered for a bit. Unless someone thinks this should be a priority? Mike - I wouldn't have thought it would capitalize smart. The setting indicated it only decapitalizes multiple capitals, but maybe they do that by simply setting everything to "title case", which might do that.Sean - we're talking titles, not posts - Steven