Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spdickey

Smart House Extends Run, Closes Feb 28

2 posts in this topic

Just stopped by the smart house in Venice, Ca for a couple of hours to fondle, touch, play and chat about smarts with the US spec cars there.They just got word this week that their closing has been extended another month until the end of February. We've been pretty lucky to have the only smart showroom in the states just a few miles away from my home, and on the way to my weekly Costco run!Things were pretty busy on a rainy Sunday afternoon there with lots of people stopping by. Most hadn't seen the car before and the staff was answering all their questions about safety, mileage and how it drove on the Southern California freeways (just fine they said).They still have the blue and white passion coupes and the red cabrio. Along with the yellow coupe with the racing stripe and the chrome wheels on the roof. All have silver tridions. Another smart sits in the parking lot with a cover over it.The lucky guy who owns the building and leased it to smart GmbH will be getting a new smart as part of the rent. Hope you get a chance to stop by before they close.I reserved on March 19th, so I hope to be getting my smart this month at Beverly Hills Mercedes. I have a yellow/black bumblebee on order and hopefully sitting on the dock in Long Beach right now. :yahoo: The smart House is located on Abbott Kenny Blvd., in the heart of Venice, California.

Way cool man! I wish I could have taken a trip out there to see it but I appreciated the pixs that were posted.