Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idahosmart

Paddle Shift Upgrade

4 posts in this topic

I bought a paddle shift steering wheel as used on the pulse that I want to put on my G&K converted passion. I am aware that the TAN programming may be required to activate the paddle shift. First I was going to try using the circuit board solution as found on the Evilution site. If that fails, then I would go the TAN route, which my dealer claims to be able to do with his Star diagnostics.

Has anyone here used the circuit board solution? And does it work as advertised?

Tom

I don't have the info but keep me posted I would like to upgrade too.. :D

Edited by SCHMART

I did the paddle shift upgrade and was fortunate to be a few hours from Eddy who loaded the TAN for me. If you look on the smart parts direct website they do sell the brabus swithbox and the seperate wiring harness. It states that it will fit all models. I considered this option however there is another issue and that is you still need the Star diagnostic to reset the sensors in the new wheel to the car. Once you connect the new wheel you fill find that the EPS and ABS lights are both lit. I tried fitting the wheel 2-3 times myself before giving up and setting an appt with Eddy. I could not get the EPS and ABS to register with the new wheel. Be sure to disconnect the white plug and connect the black one under the dash as well. If you don't the computer won't be able to clear all the error codes.

Posted (edited) · Report post

micromachine you're very fortunate to be so close to Eddy. :) I am not so fortunate as I live the US in Georgia. Did Eddy tell you how they resolved the ESP and ABS light issue? I am very seriously considering adding paddle shifter to my silver 450. However, no one near me (not even the independent Mercedes shop) has access to the TAN codes. Doesn't the brabus wiring and PCB just "drop in" and work? I think I read that on one of the UK-based forums.

Edited by briand