Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spdickey

News From The Smart Usa Conference Call 01/08/2008

26 posts in this topic

Early reservers will get an email from smart USA on Thursday directing us to our dealer and giving us info on our car delivery.That same day, your dealer should have his list and begin trying to contact you.Dealers will officially open Monday, January 14th.Cars start rolling next week to arrive at all dealers on/by January 16th. Departures will be staggered from Long Beach, Jacksonville and Baltimore so the cars should all arrive on the same day no matter how far from the port they are. Denver? I've heard both, that your cars are coming from either Long Beach, or Baltimore. No matter, its timed so everyone should get their cars on the same day.Initial allocations I've heard vary from just a few demos and dealer cars to as many as 65 plus at some dealerships. The dealers will know most all when FedEx shows up with their packets including smart Connect passwords and the lists. They could arrive as early as tomorrow.Some dealerships don't have state licenses, yet, so that might stop a few from delivering a car. Others haven't completed building inspections and final smart sign offs. But that is continuing.The beginning is almost here!

Wow, that is exciting news!Again, a reminder: to assist us with car tracking, I could use some complete VINs from Florida and CA-sourced cars!TIA

Early reservers will get an email from smart USA on Thursday directing us to our dealer and giving us info on our car delivery.That same day, your dealer should have his list and begin trying to contact you.Dealers will officially open Monday, January 14th.

Can you establish some dates and numbers for "early reservers?"That would be telling . . .

Can you establish some dates and numbers for "early reservers?"That would be telling . . .

Unknown, could be first quarter 2008 deliveries? We'll hear from a lot of people on Thursday. The dealers have been warned that the phones will start ringing off the hook, so hopefully it won't be too many, or those first in line won't be able to get through to their dealer.

spdickey,Wow! Man, I can't believe it... It really starting to feel more like Christmas! :santa: (Again!) Well, I put my reservation back in on 25 March 2007... it's not the 19th, but it's also not too much later either. I'm not quite sure where I am in the grand poo-bah of things...Thanks for the wealth of information. :D -Tom L.

Unknown, could be first quarter 2008 deliveries? We'll hear from a lot of people on Thursday. The dealers have been warned that the phones will start ringing off the hook, so hopefully it won't be too many, or those first in line won't be able to get through to their dealer.

I'm not sure about the number of calls. If you are not a forum(s) member how would you know to call on the 14th? My guess is that the majority of reservers are not forum members. (I wonder if that is a good or bad thing?)

Can you establish some dates and numbers for "early reservers?"

Dates and numbers can't be released. But, the names going out tomorrow to the dealers are those whose cars are already at the port, or are on the water right now. If your car isn't in one of those two categories, your information will not yet be available to the dealers.

I'm not sure about the number of calls. If you are not a forum(s) member how would you know to call on the 14th? My guess is that the majority of reservers are not forum members. (I wonder if that is a good or bad thing?)

Calls to dealers will be triggered by the emails that smart USA will be sending out tomorrow (Thursday 01/10/08). Too many emails go out at once, too many calls.

Thanks aphoenix! That's the way I was hoping it would work. Sounds like everything is working as planned, at least from our view on the receiving end.Scott

Calls to dealers will be triggered by the emails that smart USA will be sending out tomorrow (Thursday 01/10/08). Too many emails go out at once, too many calls.

I think the only people that will get phone calls or e-mails tomorrow will be the next few people on the list that are in line. I don't think there will be that many people contacted tomorrow. Every time we think that we are at a break through point with information it doesn't turn out to be the case. I don't think the process will go any faster than it already has. I also will be surprised if there are a huge number of 1173's that get their cars before the end of the month. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I think the only people that will get phone calls or e-mails tomorrow will be the next few people on the list that are in line. I don't think there will be that many people contacted tomorrow. Every time we think that we are at a break through point with information it doesn't turn out to be the case. I don't think the process will go any faster than it already has. I also will be surprised if there are a huge number of 1173's that get their cars before the end of the month. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I think you will be surprised at how many cars smart delivers in January. I know my dealership will be getting about 60 or so cars on the first loads.

Ok, the suspense is really high here...Um... I'll ask anyway...spdickey,You don't by any chance know if any of the first shipments will be directed towards the Seattle area...?-Had to ask... :) Thanks.-Tom L.

Ok, the suspense is really high here...Um... I'll ask anyway...spdickey,You don't by any chance know if any of the first shipments will be directed towards the Seattle area...?-Had to ask... :) Thanks.-Tom L.

All the dealers are getting cars next week.

Thanks for more of the inside scoop, this is indeed excellent news.

I made my reservation on May 6, 2007 and received my reservation confirmation on December 14, 2007 which stated I should expect delivery in the second half of 2008. Not knowing what is meant by first and second half (calendar year, fiscal year, model year, etc.) I can only guess the first half of the deliveries would be from March/April reservations and the second half deliveries, like mine, from the May/June reservations. Later reservations and those from the roadshow may be looking at late 2008 or early 2009. All of this is just conjecture.

In any case I know my smart center will be in Lynnfield, MA about 1 hour 20 minutes from my home in Southern Maine. I plan to visit there later this month to check it out ( http://www.herbchambers.com/ou/lynnfield-smart/ ). 2008 is shaping up to be an exiting year for us smart fans!

:lol:

Everyone who falls into the categories I mentioned above (car is at the port or on the water) will get an email tomorrow. The should not be any calls from smart USA directly. Calls and/or emails from the dealers will come to those customers beginning tomorrow and will continue over the following 5-7 days

All the dealers are getting cars next week.

Not all of the dealers will get cars next week (although the vast majority will). Only those that will are open or will be ready to open within the next several weeks. A few cities will be delayed until their dealer is closer to opening.

Does anyone have a matrix of reservation dates starting with day 1 (March ??, 2007)and quantity of reservations?Would be helpful to put individual reservations in perspective with the group.

Does anyone have a matrix of reservation dates starting with day 1 (March ??, 2007)and quantity of reservations?Would be helpful to put individual reservations in perspective with the group.

A day by day count of reservations has never been made public - and probably never will be. There is a list someone here had put together that has the amounts announced on various dates, which gives you an idea of the progression.

This whole event is amazing! :lol: I certainly hope there's a video documentation being made on the whole development of bringing the fortwo to the United States. I can certainly see this shown on The History Channel or thereabouts.It would be interesting to know all the work that's been involved. Maybe a book will be published in the not-too-distant future that will tell all just what went into this and disclose those guarded reservation numbers.-Tom L.

YAHOO!!!! :bowdown: I just saw this and today is THURSDAY :cheer: so I am wating for the phone to ring. I sure hope my call comes in. This is really exciting :dance: and everyone of the posts are like kids in a candy store and I like the "Christmas" comment too.I gotta keep my eyes and ears open from this date forward.Thanks for this news!!!! :race:

No Calls, No Emails, No Regular Mail, No Nothin. Thank God for this forum otherwise Id be goin out of mind.If fact I think because of this forum I am going insane. Reading all about peoples emails, and 2 quarter, 2nd half deliverys etc.HMPH :mellow::huh:

My car arrived on the 13th of dec to Baltimore....spoke with Alexandria dealer and they are arranging last minute details to open and get their financing avenues in place....landscaping, furniture..so within the next week or two we should get it

Edited by SCHMART