Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cash

451 Owners: Bugs Or Warranty Repairs To Date?

97 posts in this topic

new 451 owners, warranty work/repairs, or bugs/annoyances, to date?(note how long 451 owned, miles/time problem occured.)if no problems, note with time/miles 451 owned.also, include 451 maintenance to date, & time/miles when completed. thanks.

Edited by SCHMART

new 451 owners, warranty work/repairs, or bugs/annoyances, to date?(note how long 451 owned, miles/time problem occured.)if no problems, note with time/miles 451 owned.also, include 451 maintenance to date, & time/miles when completed. thanks.

Ask for their exterior color as well. There could be a greater number of problems with Red cars. :rolleyes:

Ask for their exterior color as well. There could be a greater number of problems with Red cars. :rolleyes:

carnut, consider posting, in the appropriate thread subject, in a manner and with content, you sincerely believe will be most insightful, and helpful:1) to yourself, 2) to others interested in, have ordered, or own the smart, and 3) to forum operators. enjoy.--------------------appendum to first thread post:if available, also note an approximate cost (or estimate), for work completed (repair labor, materials, maintences fees, if/as available). and which, if any, self done.* summary *the thread purpose, is to allow future and current 451 smart owners,to be alert to possible issues with their new, or incoming ordered, or considering to order, a 451 smart.and, to resolve issues before they grow more expensive out of warranty,to possibly prevent problems before they arise,to lower ownership cost, and extend smart longevity, if/as possible.thank you.

My 450 was in the dealership for 2 weeks over christmas due to a trans problem which turned out to be a transmisission motor. My new 451 has been in the dealership 3 times with the same check engine light (code P0410) the dealer did not know what it was and has had it since Monday and today is Friday with no hope in sight. Funny, I have to call them to find out if it is going to be ready. I got it just before christmas and wonder if they are going to have it longer than me soon!I am getting pissed off!Jim

Wheel man: Who is the DEALER giving you this great service? We need to start naming these guys, here on the list, or it will never get better. :angry: A2Jack

Wheel man: Who is the DEALER giving you this great service? We need to start naming these guys, here on the list, or it will never get better. :angry: A2Jack

I don't want to say but it is in the GTA, I think the service sucks (anywhere you buy new) but It could be alot worse!Jim

I got my 451 yellow pure Christmas eve.Mileage has been poor - 7.1 to 5.86 litres / 100 kmCar is going in on Wed. wind noise on both sides and the rear window rattles. Other than that it's fine

Picked up the car with fuel gauge showing only seven of eight bars.Even overfilling - which is NOT recommended - only produces seven.Dealer notified and warranty work to be performed at same time as they take care of shipping damage.pedro

Picked up my yellow passion on Dec 28 and have about 2700km on it. I am also experiencing wind noise on both doors but am a bit hesitant to tighten them up. The car is so airtight, I have to close the doors twice to fully engage the lock. Maybe the dealer can do the old body shop trick on "bending the door frame" to fit. I am having the low beam headlights lowered a bit as they are very harsh on the person ahead of me.Otherwise, I'm loving the car but disappointed in the winter mileage. I had as low as 8.0 per 100 km .

I've had my 2008 smart for about two weeks now. No problems but the dealer did check the handbrake cable. Apparently a small number of cars have had some sort of issue. I'm happy with the milage. I got 43.5 MPG (5.4l/100km) on a 190 mile all highway trip, and got 36mpg (6.5l/100km) back and forth to work which is mostly around town.

Yellow Passion received just before Christmass. 1400 km. Radio crap on AM. Dealer tried another radio and aerial. No luck! New aerial cable will be tried next week. Very good service including ride to and fro the dealership. Also car was washed while there. So far I like my dealer; MB on Boundry in Vancouver.Peter

White Pure, purchased Dec 22. so far almost 3,000 kms, the "cover" on the tail gate does not latch, will also have them check the headlites as other drivers flash me quite a bit at night!! No other issues, getting almost 50 mpg cdn. Very happy with car, love driving it!! Dealer here in Hfx has been very positive and helpful so far!

Received my car just before Christmas - a 2008 cabrio (red-LOL) passion model. So far so good, no rattles, normal wind noise for a cabrio but nothing out of the ordinary. Gas KM is very good with 500-550 per tank so Im happy with that. I now have 1700 km and couldn't be more happy with this model, no issues and thrilled to get heat very quickly, love the leather seats with heat, power assisted steering and mp3 player cable.James / smartboy

....at same time as they take care of shipping damage.

What is the damage?

Hi Mike,Nothing too serious. On the tridion there is a spot where the paint is missing..it looks like a stone chip, but the body it is not dented. There is a small scratch on the passenger door as well.pedro

Edited by smrtie

Less than 700 miles and my transmission is broken. I can't get the key out and the manual tiptronic will not work. I can't even get the shifter to move to manual. The car will start only in neutral and I am waiting on the dealer to call me and tell what is wrong with the car.

Nasty. I hope this does not become a typical problem with the new North American shifter assembly.

I am not sure what the differences are between the Canadian and American versions of the transmission are. I have been told the US version was required to have a Park position on the shifter. I am finding out, that the problems seem to be an electrical issue. Apparently, the shifter is locking up because of this.

I am not sure what the differences are between the Canadian and American versions of the transmission are. I have been told the US version was required to have a Park position on the shifter. I am finding out, that the problems seem to be an electrical issue. Apparently, the shifter is locking up because of this.

It should be the differences between the North American version and the European version.The NA version has the PRND layout. The European version has the normal clutchless manual setup of Neutral in the middle. Shift down for Reverse. Nudge to the left to engage "drive" (so to speak) and shift up/down respectively.

I picked up my 451, Yellow and Black cabrolet, passion Dec 14th. I have over 9000km on it. When it gets really cold...as it does here in Alberta, the breaks squeal...a lot. When it is warm..as today..about -4..the is no squeal. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Well, I received a call from the dealer. They said it was the shifter and they were going to have to order, since they didn't have one in stock. :(