Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TexSmart

U.s. Dealership Info -- Post It Here

14 posts in this topic

Just found out unofficially that Houston will have 2 dealerships:one on the North side: MB of Houston @ I45 & FM 1960,and one on the southwest side (Sugarland)Awesome stuff!The North location is less than 2 miles from my house! Can't wait to pick up my RED Cabrio!

Edited by TexSmart

Bergstrom Milwaukee/Madison, WI(I also posted this in the WI forum - sorry if that's a no-no)WED., JAN 9, 2008 - 12:54 PM Smart Cars to enter Madison market within a year Smart Cars, the tiny two-seater imports from Europe, could be rolling into a Madison dealership within a year.Bergstrom Automotive CEO John Bergstrom said a new dealership exclusively for Smart Cars could be up and running on the current Bergstrom Hummer and Cadillac site within 12 to 18 months. The Neenah-based Bergstrom holds exclusive franchise rights to the cars, which are produced by Mercedes-Benz in France.The Bergstrom Smart Car dealership in Milwaukee, the first in Wisconsin, opened last week, but the cars have not yet arrived from France.The first allotment — 300 cars — is expected to roll in by the end of next week. Bergstrom said 35 of those cars will be delivered to Madison-area buyers.The French plant has a limited capacity to produce the cars, so each dealership is only allotted a certain number of the cars, at least initially, Bergstrom said.For now, Bergstrom said customers can still reserve the cars through www.SmartUsa.com, www.BergstromAuto.com or by calling dealership, Smart Center Milwaukee, at (414) 434-8800.— Kate Schuman

"Just found out unofficially that Houston will have 2 dealerships:one on the North side: MB of Houston @ I45 & FM 1960,and one on the southwest side (Sugarland)Awesome stuff!The North location is less than 2 miles from my house!Can't wait to pick up my RED Cabrio!"TexSmart, If you don't mind me asking. Where did you get your information? I have talked to MB of Houston @ 145 & FM 1960 and they don't seem that interested right now in talking to reservation holders. They won't be open till around the 1st. of Feb. I'm probably closer to Sugarland. Do you know a contact at Sugarland? Have you talked to them?

"Just found out unofficially that Houston will have 2 dealerships:one on the North side: MB of Houston @ I45 & FM 1960,and one on the southwest side (Sugarland)Awesome stuff!The North location is less than 2 miles from my house!Can't wait to pick up my RED Cabrio!"TexSmart, If you don't mind me asking. Where did you get your information? I have talked to MB of Houston @ 145 & FM 1960 and they don't seem that interested right now in talking to reservation holders. They won't be open till around the 1st. of Feb. I'm probably closer to Sugarland. Do you know a contact at Sugarland? Have you talked to them?

Walked in and asked a salesman -- he volunteered the information. HE did not have any specifics on the Sugarland dealer -- I would assume a MB dealer on the southwest side.He did give a name of the Smartcar manager or contact person -- maybe you should call back and ask for Dan Driscoll.

Walked in and asked a salesman -- he volunteered the information. HE did not have any specifics on the Sugarland dealer -- I would assume a MB dealer on the southwest side.He did give a name of the Smartcar manager or contact person -- maybe you should call back and ask for Dan Driscoll.

I've e-mailed Dan Driscoll a number of times. My impression of him is he not very enthused about the whole thing. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling. I have not meet him in person yet because he has not seemed interested in doing so.

I've e-mailed Dan Driscoll a number of times. My impression of him is he not very enthused about the whole thing. I could be wrong, but that's my feeling. I have not meet him in person yet because he has not seemed interested in doing so.

I did not make an effort to find or talk to Dan -- I think they are trying to be low-key and avoiding any interaction because they are not open for business yet -- I really don't think any dealer has been "open" in any form or fashion yet: I think we just have to be patient.

Just got my e-mail from smart usa -- here's the Denver dealership info:smart center Denver2855 S. BroadwayEnglewood, CO 80121Phone Number: (503) 372-7539

It would be helpful to compile all of the U.S. smart dealerships showing addresses and phone numbers for each as was done for Canada. This is good info when travelling. I have attached the Canadian smart centre list for those who have not seen it yet.post-629-1200068391_thumb.jpgpost-629-1200068405_thumb.jpg

:D Feb. is going to be my month. This AM got an e-mail from my man at smartcenterjacksonville (FL) saying that they are "expecting to open by Tuesday (5th) when we get our occupancy license. There is a chance that it will be sooner and I will be in touch with everyone as that time draws near. We are getting the cars in possibly this weekend and will have 3 cars in the showroom and 2 demos for test drives. If you have any questions......"

We've got two sets of reservations at a motel near this dealership so when we get the word we're I-95 southward bound. Heading back I sure hope the wee one can keep up its speed on the 95 racetrack. Of course I could use the old coastal roads to head back north but it would be a year before I arrived back in Chas. SC. And as soon as I get here it's off to the mtns. in WNC. I still want to take it to the Tail of the Dragon but will have to wait for warmer weather.

FYI: Tail of the Dragon is US129 Deals Gap, NC - 318 curves within 11 miles :o

"Only the Strong Survive"

Hi Commander Cody,

Holy cow...I just Googled that US 129...that is a wicked looking stretch of road! hahahaha

Good luck this week, if you're heading Jacksonville-way. I would say 'enjoy the drive' but of course you'll be doing that anyway...you're picking up your fortwo! :speak_cool:

Best wishes, fellow Carolinian!

wayneo66

:D Feb. is going to be my month. This AM got an e-mail from my man at smartcenterjacksonville (FL) saying that they are "expecting to open by Tuesday (5th) when we get our occupancy license. There is a chance that it will be sooner and I will be in touch with everyone as that time draws near. We are getting the cars in possibly this weekend and will have 3 cars in the showroom and 2 demos for test drives. If you have any questions......"

We've got two sets of reservations at a motel near this dealership so when we get the word we're I-95 southward bound. Heading back I sure hope the wee one can keep up its speed on the 95 racetrack. Of course I could use the old coastal roads to head back north but it would be a year before I arrived back in Chas. SC. And as soon as I get here it's off to the mtns. in WNC. I still want to take it to the Tail of the Dragon but will have to wait for warmer weather.

FYI: Tail of the Dragon is US129 Deals Gap, NC - 318 curves within 11 miles :o

"Only the Strong Survive"

I am going to have to e-mail them today 'cause I may need to cancel my first reservation since I've heard nothing definite from them. This is wearing on my last nerve.