Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Francesco

Anybody Heading To The North American International Auto Show?

6 posts in this topic

Hi there!Just wondering if anyone is heading to NAIAS in a couple of weeks. A buddy and I are thinking of flying in to DTW on Tuesday the 22nd and zipping downtown for the day. We'll likely be on NW.Edit: Crap. Apparently NWA's winter schedule changed on the 7th and there are no early-morning/late-evening flights from here. Looks like we'll be flying into Windsor. Can anybody give me tips on crossing from Windsor into downtown Detroit? Should we rent a car and park, or is there some sort of shuttle that crosses the border from Windsor Airport to downtown (that doesn't cost me my left you-know-what)?

I replied to your PM about the date, which I see you included here. Any other dates you can go? I would consider going on any days other than Tuesday or Wednesday (I teach on those days and absolutely cannot miss them); if you can go another time, I can pick you up and we can go together :thumbsup_still:. Cost to you $0, can't beat that!Otherwise, I can give you more information on potential modes of travel. Taxi to the border and the tunnel bus would be the most feasible; we can discuss further via PMs.Kerry

My husband and I are going on the 19th, but as part of a group tour from Ilderton. It will probably be a busy day since it is the first day of the public opening. I'd agree with Kerry about getting from airport to border. Just remember your passport or birth certificate for the border crossing! Alberta

Passport .... OR .... Government photo ID (driver's license, etc.) AND birth certificate required to cross border, until January 31,after which Passport will be only ID accepted.Get to the main city bus terminal downtown Windsor and buy a return ticket (includes auto show admission) on the Tunnel Bus. It runs about every half hour from the terminal, across the border through the tunnel, to the front door of COBO Hall. Return is from the opposite side of COBO Hall reversed. This is definitely the slickest, fastest and easiest to get to the auto show.Enjoy !!

My only gripe with the tunnel bus is the backups that sometimes occur when other buses are in the queue. If I have a full car load (5 people), driving is worthwhile and about the same price (maybe less). This is more of an issue for sports events, concerts, etc. that have a starting time; for the Autoshow the bus is probably the best way since time is not much of an issue.

The website is HERE for more info.