Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mainefortwo

New England Smart Centers

19 posts in this topic

As far as I know, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont would be served from the two smart centers in Massachusetts under the Herb Chambers Dealer Network:

http://www.herbchambers.com/ou/lynnfield-smart/

http://www.herbchamberscars.com/ou/boston-smart/

If anyone is aware of other smart centers covering Northern New England, or the smart centers for Southern New England, please let us know.

Thanks,

mainefortwo :)

With regard to Southern NE:There are 2 in CT: Hartford and somewhere else.Here in RI it is Inskip Smart in Warwick. The person in charge is Susan Lemoy @ 1-800-958-9879Their website will be www.inskipsmart.comNo one is supposed to be advertising in the USA until the formal dealer announcement on Ja. 14, 2008. Herb Chambers thinks he's special so he paid no attention to the rule. While I have had great service from his Saturn dealership in Seekonk MA (I still drive the 1998 Saturn SL2 I bought from there new.) Check out the Mini website to see if he has improved from a couple of years ago when I was checking out a Mini Cooper.Inskip is owned by Penske's United Auto Group - They hosted the East Coast smart center rep. training. Susan will get 9 customer cars next week and through January + 5 demo cars. My car is not among them. Someone from Nantucket is in the first batch. She expects 20 per month initially.As one of the very few (5%) Pure buyers - I needed a solid rough to deter brick throwers - I am curious to see what effect that will have on my delivery date. I reserved 12 days into the process (Mar. 31, 2007) which puts me in the pool of the first 4,500 reservists.Take care, Larry

My wife and I visited the smart center in Lynnfield, Massachusetts on Monday 21-January-2008. They are still setting things up, but they had six cars that were all sold (of course). In the showroom was a silver pure coupe and outside were all passion coupes, no cabriolets on the lot. A smart representative who had traveled with the road show was conducting a training session for the sales force and he pretty much confirmed 2008 is sold out unless someone changes their mind and does not take delivery of a confirmed reservation. I spoke with a sales person who noted they are keeping a secondary list in case that happens.The smart center is in a stand-alone building on the Mercedes-Benz show room property and we were told the main building will be expanded to include the smart center in the future, so they are committed. The Lynnfield smart center will serve Northern Massachusetts, NH, Maine, and South-East Vermont.Below you will find photos if you want to check it out. A couple of things I noted, a window sticker had the silver Tridion as an option even though the cell was black so watch for this if you did not order the option and should not be paying for it. The manufacturers sticker on the door frame still shows DaimlerChrysler and not just Daimler (maybe on 2009 stickers?) :D

post-3720-1200954548_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954580_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954593_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954602_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954611_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954621_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954635_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954646_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954655_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954666_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954703_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954714_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954727_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954737_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954746_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1200954755_thumb.jpg

i went to warwick on mlk day and my first impression was - HEFTY. i was really expecting something tiny. i love it. the showroom is target clean and bright. no crowd, just me and another family shopping for their teenage daughter.i did not love the reps - they were tired and puffy at 11am. looks like i'll be taking a ride over to somerville soon to reserve my 2008/2009 fortwo.

was in the warwick showroom last saturday - met susan and her team - very bright and clean and modern showroom directly above the existing mercedes showroom (smart is on the second floor) and the service center. they had a pure, passion and cabrio on display and two smarts for test drives. susan said she'd been working 6-day weeks in an effort to address all the deliveries to reservationists. there were several couples and groups of people checking out the showroom cars and most were disappointed they were not ready to buy right then and there.if it works out, i think id prefer to take delivery here from penske than from herb chambers in MA. we're in milford, ma so it's about the same distance to either warwick or somerville.i guess they are planning on getting ipod-type devices so prospective customers can have audio-tours of the showroom vehicles (like a museum audio tour) as traffic in the showroom picks up - she mentioned that's how the CSR's have been trained. they have some swag now for sale in the showroom - t-shirts, key rings, umbrellas, etc. but they don't have the die-cast models (which are on backorder) or travel mugs (also on backorder). they have plenty of accessories catalogs and fortwo brochures. none of the showroom models had the leather seats.

hey, rawlus. good to see you here.thanks for the update. warwick is a very nice showroom...i may head back that way.i talk a lot of crap for someone who hasn't even put a fortwo on reserve. c'est la vie.

Vermont, or much of it, is being served through Latham NY, just outside of Albany.www.smartcenterlatham.com Good folks. I do wonder about service though. I would hope maybe Burlington would get one, but I don't think we have a local Mini dealer either which would be comparable in some ways I'd think. Anyhow, have fun and enjoy the snow.

Susan Lemoi is the director at Inskip's Smart Center. She worked with me to purchase my orphaned cabriolet. It was an outstanding experience and I've been very impressed in every step of the process. Inskip's Smart Center is located at 1557 Bald Hill Road in Warwick, RI. I'd highly recommend purchasing your Smart from them.

Friday 14-March-2008 I received the following eMail from the Lynnfield, MA smart center, I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has received a similar message, and what it meant in terms of delivery timing? :huh: Hi MaineForTwo [added], I have good news for you. We have received your Internet purchase request.I will be getting back with you shortly to provide more information.Internet Sales ManagerSmart Center Lynnfield

I was contacted in March by the smart center in Lynnfield, MA to let me know the delivery of my yellow passion coupe with silver Tridion was ~90 days away (mid-June’ish). They also invited me to test drive the US specification fortwo, which I did today. As you can see from the pictures the smart center is coming together and they claim significant foot traffic. They are receiving 20 smarts per month and they are all sold and they are letting new buyers know if they order now, not to expect delivery in less than a year. Boy am I glad I reserved mine last March! The test drive was much longer than during the road show in 2007 and I used the paddle shifters and drove up to 65mph. I found shifting myself while letting off the gas as you would a standard transmissioned car with clutch pedal and it shifted very well. I will only let the computer do the shifting if I am stuck in stop-and-go traffic. :D

post-3720-1207437745_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1207437774_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1207437788_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1207437798_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1207437808_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1207437818_thumb.jpg

good news! did smart give you an option of dealership? i found inskip in RI to be a bit better than the herb chambers dealerships in MA so i'm contemplating requesting Inskip as my pickup location if at all possible.

Hi Rawlus,I was not given a smart center option. I was told the Lynnfield, MA smart center was covering Northern MA, NH, parts of Vermont, and Maine. So far the folks I have worked with have been great and I hope that continues right through the delivery process. :)

ahh. okay. i'm in southern MA, my driving to warwick, RI and somerville MA is about the same. so we'll see what they say when i get the call. lol. my eta is late may--> mid august.

I received an excellent Earth Day gift yesterday, confirmation my fortwo coupe was discharged from the Neptune Ace cargo ship, and is on US soil at the port of Baltimore. I hope customs and final delivery to the smart center in Lynnfield, MA goes smoothly and delivery occurs in May? Time will tell, but it is great to know things are progressing. :D I also stopped at the smart center this past weekend and it looked like someone was considering trading their gas guzzler for a smart (LOL).

post-3720-1208964214_thumb.jpg

Wednesday 30-April-2008 I received a call from the smart center in Lynnfield, MA that my car had arrived. I was surprised as this was only 8 days after being offloaded at the port in Baltimore. Friday 2-May-2008 I took delivery of my passion coupe, yellow with silver Tridion, electronic power steering, fog lights, upgraded stereo, and extra gauges just as I configured it back in December 2007. I had reserved that car the first week of May 2007 so it took almost exactly a year to arrive. I am thrilled, it drives very well, and I use the paddle shifters all the time. Attached are photos from Friday at the smart center, Friday evening in Maine, and Saturday during shopping and a trip to the coast in the rain. I have already used a half tank of gas and am getting accustomed to being “checked out” and answering questions about the smart wherever I go. Everyone has been very positive in their comments. It is the 9th or 10th smart delivered to Maine, so it is still a rare sight which should change over time as more are purchased.I wish to thank all the members of this community that helped me in my decision making process, especially my neighbors in Canada that helped me understand a smart car would be a good choice for the climate in Maine. :D

post-3720-1209850178_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1209850188_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1209850199_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1209850212_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1209850221_thumb.jpg

Good evening. I am from Kemptville, Ontario, Canada, owning a smart since May 1, 2005. I love excursions and if anyone decides to have a tour of Vermont & Massechusetts, let me know please. For 25 years we have been visiting Vermont, staying at the Trapp Family Lodge and love the state. Also, just over a year ago 10 of us smarties toured Stowe and area, making headlines in their newspaper.I also want to do research in the Boston, North Adams area, Mass.Garry