Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest chuckd

New In Mn

8 posts in this topic

Hello from chilly Mn, where I am told my yellow/black/black will be here by the end of the month. Should be a hoot to drive around the twin cities, got the yellow color so people can see me, if they hit me, they meant too. Now for some snow tires.chuckd

Hey ChuckD, Welcome to CsC. Say, where in the Twin Cities to you hail from? I pretty much grew up in the tundra attending Central High (Mpls) & Univ of St Thomas before leaving for my adventures across the country. I now work in NYC and live in NJ. I just had a quick weekend trip wiht my cousin (she works & flys free with NWA). Anyway, she mentioned that she has seen several smarts driving around in the TC area so you won't be alone. Anyway, glad to have you on board and update your profile to give us some more info on yourself. See ya on the boards, Regina

Hi and welcome, Chuck. I'm about 7 hours north of you in Thunder Bay, Ont. Got my white/silver/red last week and it's a blast. I put Hankook Ice Bear winter tires, mounted on steel rims, on the car. Great tires.Tom

Just got a call today that my Smart has arrived in Bloomington Mn and when do I want to pick it up! Presently skiing in Bozeman Monatana (-16 F right now but who is counting), so won't pick it up until next Tuesday. Now ski racks is in order, I suspect most all of them are less expensive than the dealer has, but haven't begun to research the issue yet.Chuck in Stillwater Mn, or will be in a week or so.

Chuck - welcome to CsC! And, congratulations... and, you may find some ski rack ideas in these forums. If there are some for the 450, check with people that have had both cars; the mounts might be the same. 'Course you could probably get Euro ski rack$

Just got a call today that my Smart has arrived in Bloomington Mn and when do I want to pick it up! Presently skiing in Bozeman Monatana (-16 F right now but who is counting), so won't pick it up until next Tuesday. Now ski racks is in order, I suspect most all of them are less expensive than the dealer has, but haven't begun to research the issue yet.Chuck in Stillwater Mn, or will be in a week or so.