Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate6medeiros

Hello From Soon To Be Smartie

10 posts in this topic

just thought id introduce myself, my names nate, im from london ontario, im 19, and ill soon be getting rid of my dreadful 2000 neon and getting a smart.just one question, is it true the new gas smart are as relatively bad on fuel as ive heard, thats compared to the diesels of course, im sure theyre still great on gas. the main reason i ask is because im wondering whether to get a very basic 08 that uses gas or for a better equipped 05/6/7 which uses diesel?

hello and welcome!Is diesel readily available in your area? If so and you're looking for the best mileage, then go for a used 450. (05-07). The new one is slightly bigger and yes uses more fuel (premium actually).

:welcome: to CsC and enjoy our forums. I'm getting a gasser on Saturday and diesel isn't available in the States. However, I'm sure you receive plenty of feedback on which form of fuel is best. Good luck and enjoy your smart. Thanks, Regina

Hi Nate and welcome to the club!A quick check on spritmonitor shows the 451 gasser at 6.8 and the diesel at 4.3 l/100km.If it was me, I would choose the diesel but I am biased. You could come out to meet the London chapter of the club on Feb5th to learn more about the smarts and what owners think of their cars. :welcome:

Welcome and I am really happy for you as this sounds like a very good idea:

...getting rid of my dreadful 2000 neon and getting a smart.

Enjoy your Smart!!I should have mine by next month. Edited by smart142

thanks guys for the warm welcome :D

You could come out to meet the London chapter of the club on Feb5th to learn more about the smarts and what owners think of their cars.

so where does the london chapter meet then? cuz ill definately be there.

We meet somewhere different each month. The last one was at the Beanery in St.Thomas and on Feb 5th it will be at the ''Vic tavern'' on South St. Info cab be found in the London section(look under Canada,Central,Ontario,London).Hope to see you there!

Welcome! I would go for a gasser, were I in your situation.

The newest 450 is well over a year old and there is not a massive difference in running costs betweern the tow, taking account of the service schedules.