Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ALephart

Smart Mhd Option

9 posts in this topic

Hello,I have'nt heard anything more on this micro hybrid drive feature. Is it in Canadian 451 cars? REALLY wanting it here in the US. Possible to convert?All the best,Aaron Lephart

I think the key words in the excerpt below are "could" and "concept", in other words it isn't available yet...The technology, which enables vehicles to stop their engines while waiting at traffic lights, could help consumers reduce fuel consumption by 10-15 percent. Engineers from Daimler’s Smart brand of vehicles said it could conserve gasoline as much as today’s hybrids, without the high initial cost. At a standing-room press conference attended by more than 500 journalists, Zetsche demonstrated the concept on a Smart “fortwo” vehicle.

It's available in Europe right now, so I'd expect it here for the 2009 M.Y.Imagine the joy of sititing in mid-summer at a traffic light with no A/C.

...or waiting for the engine to warm-up during the winter so you can use the heater, only to have it stop at a light... (winds blowing, snowing...) :o

Edited by LorbeerTLC

Yes there is a button to switch off the MHD function.Also: below a coolant temp of 60 degrees celcius, the start/stop function doesn't work! Only when the engine is warm enough. Smart :-0

Imagine the joy of sititing in mid-summer at a traffic light with no A/C.

You had your car before the software fix for the AC didn't you?I don't have to imagine having no A/C in stop and go traffic... I lived it!DDR

Greetings:Me too.Living in Toronto, I hope the software genius who sets the start/stop parameters didn't work on the pre-flash 450 a/c settings.If it produces the fuel economy improvements promised, maybe we won't need to wait for a diesel 451 after all. Of course, they'll have to come up with some more interesting colours...Ian