Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razorback

The Very First Smart Ever Sold By Smart Usa Is Up For Sale

16 posts in this topic

I have no idea if this is true or not but the interesting thing that I got from it was the window sticker and VIN number but anyway I thought everyone would be interested in looking at this if indeed it is true, which I believe it is.

eBay LINK

and here is the window sticker

post-3260-1200934205_thumb.jpg

Edited by Razorback

Interesting and very shocking since I just heard the guy's podcast interview where he said he loved the car and had been waiting forever for it. Oh well, money talks and someone will pay extra to get their hands on this beauty.

Edited by rrrucke

That's the dealership I got my car from. In fact I started the paperwork on my car a few hours after he got his. If I signed the papers that day I probably would have had the #2 smart car (the dealer said that nobody else took delivery of their cars untill the next day). However I wanted to actually see the car and check it out before I put my name on the paperwork.If anything I'm glad the guy posted picture if his manuals that came with the car. I'm missing an owners manual. Not that it's important, but I mean I paid for it so I want it.

fully loaded yet the sticker sheet says $0.00 for the smart sound system. The standard system in the Passion in the US is Radio 9 system.Also, how come it says "coolant-level indicator" on the smartusa website?

It is fully expected that a number of the early orders went to people who never intended to keep the car but put it on Ebay to resell at a profit.

And hey: the sticker says $645 for destination charge - everything I've read so far from smart said that destination charge is included in the advertised list price!

Bil B)

And hey: the sticker says $645 for destination charge - everything I've read so far from smart said that destination charge is included in the advertised list price!

Smart has been very careful about that language. Nothing I have ever seen has indicated that the destination charge was included in the MSRP. Can you let me know where you have seen that?

Interesting times :)What's more special? The first smart on US soil or the first corporate-authorized smart on US soil? I have a feeling the guy will do well, but won't get rich off of it by any means. He'll be out a smart car and up a few grand. Maybe 20 grand or more though! So its probably worth it :) - Steven

Probably 1st of many on ebay in the next few months -- the car cost $18K+ -- so how much over that is worth parting with it?My guess it'll bring about $24K.

Edited by TexSmart

What causes it to have a higher smog index than the average car? Is it by weight of the vehicle?

No, it's only a ULEV, when there are lots of SULEVS and PZEVs on the road. OF course, carbon dioxide is officially not a pollutant.....;)

$645 is literally half of what Canadians pay for the destination charge.....

There are two other 2008's on eBay now.When I picked up my car I had to sign a non-export agreement so that the car could not be sold outside Canada. The document also states that if I was to sell the car within one year of ownership the dealer would have the right of first refusal.Remimds me of the heady days of 2004/2005 when the cars were as rare as hens teeth.pedro

Mike brings up a good point. PDI and freight is $1,295 with registration a further $395. But at least we can actually drive down to a dealership and pick up a car and not have to outbid the next guy.pedro

$24,608.Minus eBay fees, dealer prep and doc fees, original taxes and whatnot, it was a modest price for the seller.

Yup, he didn't get rich on it. He said having the first car wasn't that big a deal and he's going to order another one. The only trouble is that by the time he gets his new one, he will have missed out on the most fun time of all to have a smart and you can't put a price on that and it will never be the same again as we Canadians now know.

$24,608.Minus eBay fees, dealer prep and doc fees, original taxes and whatnot, it was a modest price for the seller.