Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrrucke

Regina's Smart Life

144 posts in this topic

Today marks the day of my official notification to "Come Get Your Smart" as per smart center Edison. Saturday marks the day for my delivery and I am over the moon with excitement! Although it's ready today, I don't want to take delivery in the dark so Saturday it is. Wish me luck and more to come on this thread of my Smart Life. ;)

That's great news!!. At last you finally get your reward. Does this mean that all will be revealed as to what your vanity licence plate will be?

Ok, you know the drill; pictures and road reports (assuming you can get out of the car long enough to snap a few pics, and get a bit of typing in)The wait is almost over.MG

At last! Girl, you are going to have a perma-grin for weeks and weeks! Congrats :thumbup:

I love you guys! Thanks for putting up with my endless inquiries, my numerous blond rants, my volume of excited and impatient posts and all the rest. I have bugged many of you and gotten on your last nerve at one time or another over the joy of one day owning this car. I now know what it feels like to be an expected father and I HAD A BABY!! Anyway, I'm waiting on the Parts Manager to call me back with exact pricing on accessories. Any crazy figures and it's back to the internet for better deals. Again, thanks CsC for holding my hand and for demonstrating EXTREME patience for your Holla Back Girl! Regina :lol:

Congratulations Regina! :smart: Man, I don't know how you can wait till Saturday.You couldn't get it earlier by taking the day off, eh?Anyways- Way to Go! Let us know what you think after you've had a chance to drive it. :drive::spots: Best Regards,-Tom L.

:toot: WOWWWWWW!!!!!!The DAY is almost here!!! I do wish that I could be there to see you receive your baby!Enjoy!!!!

Woohoo! Good on ya!Are you sure you don't feel a cough coming on, and should stay away from the office so as not to infect your co-workers? Strictly out of concern for their well-being, of course.I look forward to your fact-filled reports of first day/week/month/year of ownership.

You are SSOOoo lucky. My day should be here in less than three weeks. Like you I will try to take possession on a Saturday.Congrats to you, you lucky lady!!!

How exciting, Regina!! I had been wondering if you were getting it soon, and I'd thought maybe it was the 19th. As we toured the Auto Show in Detroit that day and watched the crowds around the smart cars on exhibit, it was on my mind. Will look forward to hearing more from you after your smart arrives!Alberta

Congats!! :speak_cool: I hope your smartie takes you many happy miles.We'll have to have the first NJ smart meetup soon!

Congratulations Regina! :) Pam and I are so happy for you. It's going to be great having one of the first 2008's. Don't forget to blast up and down the streets of Manhatten to show the world how much fun their missing. We'll see you at the first U.S. event this summer.

Regina:bring a sheet and a good flashlight. You should be ready to get down and inspect the undercarriage. Ask them to explain anything you can't understand.Look down the side, the front, the other side and the back. Check lower parts of the plastic bodywork thoroughly for scrapes. If there marks, get it written down on your contract before you accept the car.See if both windows work, seats move back and forth on the seat tracks, and make sure all the lights are working. Look for fogging in the light lenses and make a written note of any defects.Make sure the representative sets the radio for the stations you use.Make sure they walk you through getting your car serviced (where you drop your keys) so it won't be a mystery when that inevitable part of smart life approaches. Go to the parts department and make a friend. The parts guys/girls don't seem to mind helping enthusiastic owners.I hope you enjoy your car - we're all in this together and will continue to enjoy your participation in this forum. You're about to become one of our 451 experts!I love the smart car web site and my smart car friends.,Ian

Holy moly! Congrats Regina. I'm very happy for you. No envy at all. Okay, 80% happy and 20% envy. :)Looking forward to your reports.

Hi Everyone,

It's sweet to see so many of you chiming in to wish me well. I saw somewhere recently on CsC or SCOA that this whole process is like an Adoption Agency. I really do feel like an expectant parent whose waited so long for their adopted child. I'm not sure what to name my baby but I'll think of something soon.

Besides my salesman, I did make another smart friend -- my Parts Manager. He and I went over my list of wants just in time because he just received a big Accessories shipment. I'm considering the following items: Rubber ($49) & Velor mats ($65), Divider Plus with Net ($249), Sunglass Holder ($29), Retractable Luggage Cover ($149), Car Cover ($169), and Panel Set ($810). Unfortunately, the panels, divider & sunglass holder are not available yet but they are scheduled to be delivered by month-end.

BTW, all of these items are only being considered because I'm finding there is a $20 - $50 markup/item compared to what I'm finding on the net from overseas. Plus net shopping will help me to avoid 7% in taxes. Anyway, several items not on this list are on the way and more to come on that front.

Say Ian,

I'll do exactly as you have suggested when I take delivery. Does anyone else have any thoughts about what I should do on this day (besides taking a Valium)? Does the smart come with a DVD? I hear the manuals are pretty thin (which concerns me).

P.S. My daughter will accompany me to be photog and the person who keeps me on track (and somewhat sane). Thanks again and more to come, Regina

Good advice from Ian! Look at the interior and exterior very closely for damage. Check all the functions and ask lots of questions.For your first drive I would suggest no music or cells. Give that baby your full concentration and then try not to SMILE!! :watchout: