Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrrucke

Regina's Smart Life

144 posts in this topic

Woo Hoo way to go Regina!! I was unable to post earlier so am saying it now, we are very happy for you and hope it is as much fun for you as it was for us.pssst btw is you old car still in the parking lot running it should soon be out of gas no worry.I liked the picutres very much ...do your cheeks hurt now from grinning?we'll understand if your posts die down from you while you are out with your new ride. It's amazing how the miles add up and on quickly.see you at the new spring cruise I hope.Karen and Jake

Hey you bums!!! No comments other than one (from Uncle Glenn) about my personal license plate and holder??? Don't ya see the cute little cabrio in the website logo at the top of the plate frame?? I have been burning to show my little show of support for the club and I gets nadda. Where's the justice??? :(Dang...:) I still love ya though!!

Edited by rrrucke

Regina, excellent post and nice looking car! You will be that dealer's number one ambassador. Clever plate, nice frame. I'm surprised though to see they mounted to the bumper in front, as it was my understanding smart had just recently directed the dealers not to do that. Drive carefully!

I am speechless with joy for you! Thank you for being such an enthusiastic smartie and avid CsC supporter!

FIVE x :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: for your dealer too...

Bil :sun:

Hey Regina,Oh man, am I going to be torn now. I dig your plate frame tremendously, and I wouldn't mind sporting one of those myself.But, I've got one that says "My other car is a Hot Wheels", and I hope to affix that one to my smartie. :D (From what I hear, my nearest dealer should finally be open for business next week. Construction/renovation had a couple 'snow days' to endure.)Many congratulations on your delivery, at last! I'm looking forward to the same view as you, with the blue/black configuration. Thanks for the pix!Enjoy the ride!See ya,Wayne in N.C.

Hey you bums!!! No comments other than one (from Uncle Glenn) about my personal license plate and holder??? Don't ya see the cute little cabrio in the website logo at the top of the plate frame?? I have been burning to show my little show of support for the club and I gets nadda. Where's the justice??? :(Dang...:) I still love ya though!!

Come on, you need to give some of us time to respond.I like the plate and frame, and great support for the club. Great pictures. What is the sign in the back window, or is that some of the dealer info?I hope you let them open the showroom doors before you drove away :D MG

Awww Regina I'm sorry I didn't mention the plate it looks really cool. but I didn't see it. You see I'm the one (ugh) member who has dial up. To make the thunbnail size pictures big enough to relly see details like your plate I have to click on them and wait and wait. I would be here all day. soooo I dug out the magnifying glass to check your plate and it worked!But I could see your grin :D Karen

I'm just ragging you guys. It's funny...most times you guys & gals catch everything. Then I do a little sneak attack and surprise and ya miss it. It definitely made me smile that I couldn't pull one over on Uncle Glenn. No hard feelings!! I was just shocked at the lack of comments. Glad you like them though.About the plate holder - When I ordered it online, it came all specially wrapped. When I opened it, it was a nice weight like steel or something...not your cheap plastic kind. Anyway, I was surprised the vendor only sent me one. I rang them up online and said, "Hey, Great plate but did you forget one?" They said, "No, not all states, countries and such require two plates so we just send one." Of course, I had to pay for the extra plate but she was so kind that she sent it by overnight mail without me even asking. So I didn't mind paying again.As far as the sign on my car it said, "Please Do Not Touch!" Car Being Delivered Today.:)

Edited by rrrucke

I am on dialup too ! (slow dialup at that)I did open up 2 photos however.1 of her smiling, and of course the one of the plate.2 thumbs up from here !Since I don't know you very well....I have to ask....what was your car previous to the NEW smart 451 ?Wooo-hoooo!!! :-)

Ve9aa, I drove an 2005 Acura TL with Navi. I miss the Navi and XM radio a lot. Thankfully, I have a Garmin c530 Street Pilot traveling through the mail system right now courtesy of ebay. Thanks, Regina

Congrats Regina!I'm sure that was the most followed smart delivery in history - it was like a really good, reality soapie!I'm really happy for you and I love your plate holder - I didn't notice the top of it until you mentioned it and then I had to go back and look, felt kinda stupid afterwards. If Lightey ever goes to NJ, he'll get a service at Edison or I'll stop in there and buy him some expensive accessory.

Great to see the photos when I just got a chance to look at them now. I also like the plate 4EVERY1 and the clubsmartcar.com words and images. Your enthusiasm continues to be contagious! Tell us how you are enjoying the driving of your very own smart! :) Alberta

Congratulation Regina.

Nice to see you being so happy

after such a long wait.

Are you still looking for name?

Hint:..............Your "HONEY" is your joy and pride.

Enjoy!

Many safe miles.

Stay healthy and happy.

We will meet again during summer cruise.

joe_supreme

Love the Colour! - Ice packs will help with the sore cheeks (from smiling and err... sitting for too long driving).Never enough smiles when it comes to taking your baby home for the first time :) Oh - and a warning - once you start accessorizing your smart - it never stops! Sure just a license plate frame - next thing you know - well you know leather seats would be nice..... :D Cheers,Cameron

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the support through this long waiting process. It was worth all the labor pains, swollen ankles, grumpy disposition and constant nagging to my CsC buddies. You guys really are the best and you continue to make me smile too!

As far as names, I think I am going to wait until I get the extra set of red painted panels on my girl. Right now, she seems more like a tom boy (mainly because of the color). I know I will be more inspired to give her the best name possible once she has gone through her makeover.

Regarding the car - So far, all is going well. Today, I actually placed under the wiper a clear envelope choke full of smart hand-outs. Let's hope the gawkers enjoy this added bonus. Of course, I steered them to smartUSA, CsC and SCOA. BTW, Raechelle told me last night that her boyfriend caught someone circling the car yesterday while it was still in the parking lot of the P&R. He said the person had their hands on their hips and had a confused but curious look on their face while they circled smart at least two times.

Commuter Experience:

Within the past few days, I have taken two commuter friends for short rides. When I arrive at the Park & Ride at 3:00 am, I set my bag in the queque on the bench to set my place in line for the Express bus. Normally, I am the first person there so I wait until the first of my commuter friends arrive and then I scoot away and park my car and walk back to the line. Well the first day with my smartie, the first three guys were so in awe. So I gave them the run down on the car and then offered a ride to my parking space. These grown men looked like 10YO's waiting in line for the fastest rollercoaster. I swear they jumped up and down with their hands up some, "I want to go!!" It was too cute. BTW, our Park & Ride is on the highway so the lucky commuter got to experience about 750 feet of highway driving before I pulled off to park in my spot. Anyway, both riders loved the car and kept commenting on how solid and well made it seemed. I also apologized for the transmission because I am still learning how to accelerate properly so I experience a smoother acceleration during the first 1,000 miles. They all understood and were very supportive of my driving.

Next up: Adding some goodies to the car this weekend. This will be things I can do and not that I have scheduled with the Service Manager at Edison. The other night my driver side mirror came through the mail. It was so cute. I didn't know what it was until I opened it. It's no bigger than a small envelope with a flap and sticky tape on the back.

Have a good weekend everybody. I know I will have a great time!! Since the weather will be dropping down to 30's, I put the space heater in the garage and tinker with my baby. Yee Haw!!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by rrrucke

Well - I certainly throw in my congrats to Regina after this long expectancy. Great pics too. Closely examining them as if I was some sort of spy trying to get all the info possible. I think I detected either nervousness or pure excitement in Regina's face as she posed by her car. I read the post twice, gleaning even more, then my most trusty? and obedient? wife wanted to read it too. A slow reader - she wanted to check the pics - I'm on dial up too - I thought I'm never gonna get back to reading the other posts. I finally got my screen back and happiness returned.

And so did anxiety. My 30 day notification is up this Mon. Feb. 11. My (our) car is in Jacksonville - motel room reservations have been made and cancelled between a flurry of phone calls with the dealership, the motel and me here in Chas.

The most excellent Cdr. Cody will make his own groundhog (water) prediction:

When I examine the tidal charts out here in Bulls Bay and the number of times the moon will cross the starry night I have arrived at a reasonable conclusion. I'll have it next Fri....Mon. Feb 18th the latest. This I predict.

Cdr Cody, you had me LOL at my desk. I love your sense of humor and insight! Gosh, but don't these folks (in the smart skyline) love to drive us crazy! I'll be very happy when all goes well for you too. Those well wishes also are extended to the Missus too!You need to start a thread on your smart life too. Shall we call it "The Commander Times", "Cmdr Cody's Daily Gazette" or how about "Cody's smart Command"?Anyway, thanks for responding to my smart posts. Life is real good.Regina :barbie:

Edited by rrrucke

I'm in the process of changing my signature and I wanted to post the current one so I don't forget those all important dates. Thanks

Old Signature:

1st Smart Sighted: Paris, France - 6/15/06

$99 Reservation - #1173: 2008 Blue/Black Passion Cabrio - 3/19/07

1st Smart Drive: Zap Converted - Blue/Silver Passion Coupe in Palmerton, PA - 4/20/07

First CsC Meet: Niagara Falls Winery Cruise - rented a Silver Passion Cabrio - 6/10/07

Street Smart Invitational: Ray Catena Motor Cars in Edison, NJ - 8/16/07

Road Show Attended: Red Bank, NJ - 8/18/07

Factory Specs: Comfort Package, Fog Lights, Clock, Tach & Alarm - 9/17/07

Speciality Plates: 4EVERY1 - 10/25/07

2nd Smart Ordered: Black/Black Passion Cabrio for my Daughter - 11/2/07

Took Delivery: 2/5/08

Edited by rrrucke

Hey Regina, I've been following along the last little while and thinking about you often while out driving... I can't put into words how happy I am for you! You've been the most enthusiastic person about smart I've met, and I'm so happy that it's finally here and you're over the hurdles of the delays. The license plate holder is brilliant!!!!How's the weather been in your area? Have you had a chance much to play with the cabrio top?-Iain