Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve C.

Cube Coming To North America...

81 posts in this topic

post-143-1201633981_thumb.jpgpost-143-1201633995_thumb.jpgpost-1-1126079516.jpgwell, stumbled across this when i found a pic of it underneath a pic of the smart in the new carguide mag (pg. 14 if u want to c it), thought it was cool, and have looked into it a little deeper. the lease on our toyota echo (our "big" 2nd car) is up this year, and in keeping with the smart, we wanted something a little unique, and were considering getting a scion xb, the sleeker version of an element, the toaster on wheels. now, i like this cube from nissan a lot, especially the version the great brit terrance conran re designed. wow !! how do u make a square box on wheels look cool...look right here.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Confirmed-Ni...-the-U-S-25420/

post-143-1201634028_thumb.jpg

If it's small, that's good. If it's another Element-sized thing, so what.....

I believe it's small, as in japan it competed against the Toyota BBx (scion xB)

yes, much more scion than element, i believe its currently at 1.3L 4 cyl w/88horses...5.8L/100, close to the new smart. my feeling is that the scion was a much sleeker version of the element, a thinner more defined and less chunky version of it. and this seems to have refined it even slightly more. In looking for a unique vehicle that seats at least 4 for our 2nd car, this would be a great fit, especially if it had that conran interior...sweet.

http://www.algysautos.com/nissan-cube-specification.html clicky for where i got the stats from.post-143-1201713288_thumb.jpg

interesting(?) back glass. Frameless on one side, framed on the other. I wonder how the car looks straight on (from the rear)

The Cube is a great looking vehicle, and is hopefully continuing the trend to smaller lighter vehicles. Unfortunatly it doesn't say it will be coming to Canada. Like the Scion, perhaps only the U.S. will get it, which is a shame....Later! Dang

Unfortunatly it doesn't say it will be coming to Canada. Like the Scion, perhaps only the U.S. will get it, which is a shame....Later! Dang

That would be a shame, as Canadians tend to be more acceptive of smaller vehicles than US.

What country are you in, Kate? I don't think they can be imported to Canada, yet.If you could post a photo of it beside any other vehicle, we could get a better idea of it's size. We've owned two Nissan Multi's (Stanza wagon in U.S.), which aren't too different in concept from the Cube, considering they were brought out in 1986. Incredibly practical vehicles.PS: Welcome to the club!

Edited by deezle

and if you read this months carguide with the cdn. pricing, it sure hints at a north american debut...i too would love to see some pix of your cube...

Hoping to see some North American info soon on the Cube as it was supposed to be here for a 2009 model. Would very seriously consider one as a companion for the Smart, I think they are great, and for mention of size a Cube is 8 inches shorter than a first Gen xB.

yeah, i'd love to own one also. i hope it makes it here. where i live (burlington, ON.) there are at least a half a dozen scions touring around, it's kind of like my smart in the beginning (way back in oct '04 it took me a week before i saw another smart on the road, not like now where they are a dime a dozen and i see about 3 or 4 a day). i love spotting a scion as its a truly unique vehicle here, obviously, as they are not for sale (yet). the cube just has that trim, neat appearance, very minimalist in scope/design that i love to look at. c'mon nissan !!

I hope you're right, and that they're actually going to bring it here; they've been hinting at doing that for years with no action.-Iain

Just seems difficult to have a car here for 2009 when nothing has been announced. I know someone who works for Nissan so going to see if he has any details, as this would be on the short list for the next car for sure.

just about every clip ive watched on youtube, talking about the electric version, mentions the gasoline version coming here in '09, so i believe its on its way. definitely on the short list for my next ride also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgePEJUNxQ

apparently, the boys over at top gear (bestest ever car program), had brit terry wogan do a lap in one, i cant find the video and havent caught it on bbc canada yet (will check this sundays episode). speaking of which, anyone catch last weeks with the bugatti veyron against a jet??? they had a little toy smart car to represent the veyron (no model of it was available). pretty funny.