Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

Smart Sales In Canada

57 posts in this topic

In January 2008, 236 smart 451s were sold in Canada. The year is off to a decent start!And if "smart" is capitalised in the title, don't blame me, it's the software!!

245 were sold in December 2007 and probably only one in November.

194 smarts were sold in Canada in February 2008. Still solid sales......

Posted (edited) · Report post

FYI. Around 75 have been sold in Michigan. We were number 64, that was 12 days ago.

We now have 1350 miles on the car. Ran 300 on it yesterday. Fun car :)

Posted Image

Edited by a2jack

324 fortwo Type 451s were sold in Canada in March.

The 450 cdi's best ever month was in May 2007, 532 cars....we will see if the 451 can equal that!

359 smart 451s were sold in April 2008. The new car is doing very, very well, despite some dire predictions about the lack of a diesel engine. At the present rate, annual sales should be around 3500, which is close to the 450's best sales year (slightly over 4000 one year).

It is a good looking car. If it had been released in a turbo, I might have traded in my 450. Oh well, this lets the aftermarket boys get all their R&D done before I purchase mine. :D

359 smart 451s were sold in April 2008. The new car is doing very, very well, despite some dire predictions about the lack of a diesel engine. At the present rate, annual sales should be around 3500, which is close to the 450's best sales year (slightly over 4000 one year).

And mine's one of the 359! :D

It has arrived in the dealership in B.C. and is shipped and on its way to Ontario!

My baby was one of the March Sales. 1st smart I have driven let alone owned. Big change from my other car (Acura MDX that I still have :rolleyes: ) and I am LOVING IT! (does that sound like a McDonald's ad?) Anyhoo, I can't wait to go out to the store for anything at all just so I can drive it! :D Red on silver Passion.

So the total sold to the end of April is 1359, and the total in the country at that time was around 500 more than that. The supply is OK for the moment, but if they have a BIG sales month, it could eat up most of the buffer.

I wonder how many of those are from Three Point Motors on Vancouver Island---I'm trying to get a sense of the total number of smarts on the island now----they seem to be everywhere, and plenty of 451's.

I'd guess that they're moving one 451 per day, say 30 a month. To be confirmed.....

I was over to DMFC in Edmonton to pick up some parts, and they say sales are brisk on the smarts. They have a good selection of 451's and they also have 3 450 cabs left.MG

I was over to DMFC in Edmonton to pick up some parts, and they say sales are brisk on the smarts. They have a good selection of 451's and they also have 3 450 cabs left.MG

Over at Weber last month, they only had one 450 pure cab left, their last new '06. There were a few used ones as well. Lots of 451s, but I think sales are slower on them because of the lack of diesel engine. Even saw a couple basically walk away from buying a smart because it wasn't diesel.

Yup, smart sold 440 fortwos in May 2008. Not as good as last year with the 450, but excellent nonetheless.

The total YTD is 1553 cars, so maybe as many as 4000 will be sold this year (if they can get them). That would equal the 450's best sales year. There will be roughly 800 unsold CDN smarts available in a week or so.....