Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smrtie

Paint Rocker Panels On 451

29 posts in this topic

Sorry I haven't come back for a while since work keeps me busy. It was about $395 U.S. for the side skirts and the grille surround. That was sanding, filling, sanding, spraying and clear coat. The powder coated rims were about $570 plus the cost of two new rear rims, two more TPS units and the four Michelin 185/60-15 tires. Then I sold one front tire/rim assy and one rear tire only - with one still for sale.I thought about the gas tank door, as well as the silver caps on the mirrors. The mirrors are close to the Tridant and the gas cap door is close to the rear black trim, so left it for now.Thanks for the comments, I saw the MB show smart and thought a lot of white looked good - so do bugs on the front and brake pad dust on the rims, but nice when clean.

When I picked up my orphan, it had a dealer option called the monotone package installed. Basically they just vinyl coat the rockers and the rear panel. Front dam hasn't been done, but I do plan to follow these steps and paint it.

As smartboy indicated the stock roacker panels have texture, so the paint does not match 100%. But from five feet away it's hard to tell the difference. Nice job, What did you use for paint?