Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart65

Satisfy My Curiosity

9 posts in this topic

I recently bought an infra-red temperature measuring device from Princess Auto (I've since seen them advertised by CTC). Anyway, there is a large font "C E" on the instruction manual. Both letters are in a style resembling a half-moon. I've noticed this same logo on other unrelated products. Can anyone tell me what the logo represents?

Edited by smart65

I think that is necessary for sales in Europe. It meets the "Conformité Européne" standards.

I also concur with what Gent is saying above. The CE designation is another certification like the UL/Underwriters Laborotories seal. Probably another 'gift' of innumerable product liability lawsuits.w

Thanks for the info. It's handy having this club to keep my knowledge base up-to-date.

As this question was answered, is it okay to add a follow up question? If so, i will.What then is the ISO9000 rating ? I first noticed it in asia but actually now i see i can find it everywhere.From suit cases to toaster ovens.

ISO9000 basically means you document your methods and processes - whether that results in quality or not remains to be seen - been a few revisions since then.Cheers,Cameron

I hate it. Bunch of useless paperwork that kills small companies. Grumble. :)-Iain