Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pwven

Tyres For The Smart 451

14 posts in this topic

My car is fitted with 155/60/R15 tires in the front and 175/55/R15 Tires on the back. What make of tires do you get in this size? and what make of tire do you recommend?pwven

I checked on the website for TireRack.com and they show a Continental ContiProContact 'grand touring all-season' tire in both sizes. Fronts are US$60 each and rears are US$77 each. They also have a winter/snow tie by Pirelli in the size on the back of your car. Pirellis are 91 dollars.

My car is fitted with 155/60/R15 tires in the front and 175/55/R15 Tires on the back. What make of tires do you get in this size? and what make of tire do you recommend?pwven

Hi Wayne, I tried the website too but I only found one search result for my cabrio which is noted below. Why can't I get the winter tires too? Is it because I have a cabrio? Thanks, Regina

Estimated Shipping Costs for:

(2) 155/60TR15 Continental ContiProContact

Price: $120.00 for 2

(2) 175/55TR15 Continental ContiProContact

Price: $154.00 for 2

Warehouse Location

Inventory Status

Shipping Costs

Newark, Delaware

In Stock

$30.45

Edited by rrrucke

Hey there Regina,

I just did the 'search by size' thing on their page, rather than 'search by vehicle'. I filled in the sizes that the original poster mentioned and it pulled up the ContiProContacts, the Pirellis, and I think there was an additional Continental branded all season tire with a slightly different tread pattern and slightly higher price per tire.

Hope the winds have calmed up in your area. We had some wind trouble too, as the top of a tree got blown out and fell very close to our house. No damage, but it was close and could have been worse.

See ya, :D

Wayne

Hi Wayne, I tried the website too but I only found one search result for my cabrio which is noted below. Why can't I get the winter tires too? Is it because I have a cabrio? Thanks, Regina

Estimated Shipping Costs for:

(2) 155/60TR15 Continental ContiProContact

Price: $120.00 for 2

(2) 175/55TR15 Continental ContiProContact

Price: $154.00 for 2

Warehouse Location

Inventory Status

Shipping Costs

Newark, Delaware

In Stock

$30.45

wow, those are pretty low prices for a set of tyres! Either that or you guys in the States are spoiled =P.A set of el cheapo GY Integrity (factory replacements for my Prius) are Cdn $90 each at 185/65R15. I went for Nokians at US$140 per tyre - total OTD was about Cdn$500. Would've cost me $836 here (at the worst).

Say, can someone confirm if the following tire would work as a spare on the US 451? This information was posted on SCOA by another smartie. Thanks, Regina

Possible Spare Tire

Edited by rrrucke

It would be too tall, unless it's 70 series (which it apparently isn't).Get a spare tire from a MINI.

Mike, please elaborate. Do you have the mini tire specs so I can ask my local tire center? Thanks, Regina

Mike, so I assume this spare Mini tire will fit the front or back of my 451. Correct? Is their jack ok for the 451 as well or is there some other jack I should go get? Thanks, Regina

Mike. On the 115/70-15 you speak of, is it a "donut" spare? What about the wheel? Does a 3 hole smart wheel fit it, or does it come with it's own wheel? And are you saying the Mini wheel will fit the smart?This compact spare thing has been a problem for us. We have had no luck coming up with one so far.Thanks. A2Jack.

Edited by a2jack

You will need a smart rim, preferably 3.5 inches wide (they exist, for the 450, and will fit the 451) but yeah the tire size is the same as that of the MINI.

Mike, so I assume this spare Mini tire will fit the front or back of my 451.

Tire yes, MINI roadwheel, no.Front or rear, yes it will fit in a pinch on either. Remember to get a tire pressure sensor installed in the spare or you will get a warning light when using it.