Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crankin

451 Anti-theft

12 posts in this topic

Anti-theft is engaging when locking doors, but I am not getting the "chirp" that others have talked about. Can't find anything in the manual. What gives?

Okay... since some 451's with the anti-theft option are not "chirping", I suspect that it can be programmed to chirp. If so, perhaps even the non anti-theft cars can be made to chirp as well. If someone finds out how to do this, please share as I would like my 451 to chirp when locking / unlocking via the key fob. (mine does not have the anti-theft option)

I have the alarm system. I tried it by opening door and boy is it ever loud, but no chirp?

Hmm... interesting.Well then, the mystery ensues.

Could it be possible the US alarm chirps and the CDN version doesn't? We've heard some US 451 owners say theirs does.Any CDN 451s here with alarm that DOES?

That's probable... unless some people are just out to lunch and they think the sound of the lock engaging is a "chirp"?

With my Nissan Altima I have the ability to turn off the chirp which I've done. I find everyday background noise annoying enough without all the damn chirping, beeping, and honking that anti-theft systems provide!!!

Could it be possible the US alarm chirps and the CDN version doesn't? We've heard some US 451 owners say theirs does.

I am not Canadian but live in Florida and my anti-theft system on my Passion has always (all three weeks of ownership) chirped when engaged (two chirps) and when unlocked (one Chirp).