Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gauchorojo

Smarts In Ms, Tn, Ar, Al?

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!Are any of you smart owners in these states? I live in MS. My daughter saw a smart car in Nashville TN today, but could not see the tag to verify where it was registered.Anyway, I thought it would be helpful to compare notes with "neighbors"Take care,

Hi neighbor, I am Kyle From Bentonville Ar and I purchased my smart about 3 weeks ago and I love it! it is more fun than my S-550 but the S class is better in wind and on long trips!!! but I still LOVE my car!

Hi Neighbor!It finaly great to hear there's someone's in the area, I'm live in Jackson, West Tennesee, we can't be that far apart when you say that you are in northeast Mississippi. I would be interested talking to you about our experiences in smart car ownership.Do you have your smart car or when are you getting it? Are you taking delivery in Jackson, MS or somewhere else?I'm awaiting for the arrival of "my Pride and Joy". I comfirmed my reservation a couple of weeks ago, it will be a couple of months before I receive the VIN for tracking. hope to have my car by July, only time will tell.One concern I do have is the only dealer in Tennessee is in Knoxville, which is four hours away. When I did my test drive it was in Nashville, so I was hoping a dealer was going to open there. The next nearest dealer is Louisville, which is a toss up on the travel time as well. It going to a long drive for service!Hope to see more post.

I hear you on the drive for service but mine is only about 2 hours but still its only 10 or 11K or a year so its not going to be that bad! one good things tires are cheap on the car and our insurance is only $250 every six months!!! I hope you guys get your cars soon I absolutely love my car! Good luck to you both!

Hello Kyle for AR and TNman!I got my smart in May of last year, and it has been great. I already put over 20K miles on Bugger, as I call it, and I really love it. I would buy another one like it (cdi) in a heartbit. So far Iv'e done some practical mods, but nothing fancy, just pragmatic. ScangaugeII, Euro headlights, wiper arm sprayer, added a fire extinguisher, jack and spare, oil pan with drain plug and heater, Euro fog lights, blinking side markers, Bosch Scion wiper blades, and OEM center arm rest. I also installed the OEM cruise control, but it's not activated yet. Next I'd like to fix the tail lights to Euro standard, with rear fog lights.I just got done doing some "surgery" on Bugger: It needed a new alternator, and it was a bear to replace it. I posted about that saga elsewhere in this site.I will drive to the Atlanta dealership in the next few weeks, for a reflash of a new code in the ECU to activate the cruise control I just installed. It's about a six hour drive but I will take my 15 year old son and visit the MicroCar Museum near there.TNman,My daugther is a student there in Jackson,TN at Union U! She's a senior in the nursing program. Was that last storm scary or what! My daughter was not hurt, just rattled a bit. The next time I am up there in Bugger, I should contact you for a meet!Actually, how about we all start planning some sort of "smart in the Mid-South" get-together, promote the marque, and share some stories? I guess Memphis would be in somewhat central to all three of us? Anyway, just a thought, for the not too distant future... Summer is not too far... TNman, you should have your smart by then!Best regards,

I live about 45 miles SE of Nashville and have had my 451 since Jan 28, but was gone most of Feb. I was out last weekend on I-24, but if someone saw me that was a brief time. Doubt it was me but - Howdy neighbor!I work in West Nashville, but do the 104 miles round trip in my diesel Ford excursion - whew 17.8 mpg. Maybe when the smart is broken in I'll bring it a few times, but not a steady diet. We bought it for retirement in 3 years and the way the U.S. dollar is sinking, I figured a year ago that if I was buying anything from Europe I'd better do it soon since they would either 1) raise the price, B) strip the content or c) some of both and I wanted the best they had.

Hello Gauchorjo, KyleF and RussBarnes,Haven't been ignoring you guys, just had a bit of bad luck the past month, my computer's video card up and died. Tried to get it fixed but it was going to be to costly, so I broke down bought a new one. It has taken the past few weeks to get all of my data from the old one. Now I'm back up and running!!!!But more sad new, when smart usa Delivery Date Estimator went on line my due date for delivery is March 2009 to May 2009, bummer!Gauchorojo,I enjoy reading your postings about "Bugger's" surgeries. I would like to get together if you are ever in the Jackson area, I'm with you on get togethers to promote smart cars and sharing stories. This includes KyleF and RussBarnes, we could start a chapter of Club smart car with meetings and/or dinners every once and awhile, picking different locations with a tour or activity like what their doing in Canada. Maybe we can grow as more people get their smart cars in this area.Let me know what you guys think.

I like the idea of meets and other smart activities. A friend of mine who also works for FedEx just took delivery of his 08 smart in Dallas, TX. He told me he'd also be interested in starting some sort of local smart chapter.The next time I go up to Jackson (TN), I'll make sure I contact you.Cheers,

Hi All, My name is Dave, I bought a 06 Smart in Phoenix and drove it home to South MS. The wife and I really enjoy our Smart. We have already added an oil pan with drain plug, oil filter adapter, front upper and lower grill plates. We have 4500 miles on ours. We would be interested in a meet to share war stories and promote Smarts.Dave

Hey Everyone,I resently got my 06 Smart Cabrio (Blueberry) in October. I absolutely love it!! I have not really done anything to it. I made it through my first oil change with the pump. It was not too bad, but I am going to look into getting a different pump than what I have. The only other thing that was replaced was the alternator this past week (after reading some alternator stories I decided to take it to a shop here in town and they did a great job with it) now she runs like a dream.Happy Smart Driving!!! :D Steph

Hi everyone!Are any of you smart owners in these states? I live in MS. My daughter saw a smart car in Nashville TN today, but could not see the tag to verify where it was registered.Anyway, I thought it would be helpful to compare notes with "neighbors"Take care,

All I can say is that it wasn't me. lmao!How is Digory coming along? All in one piece yet? I am just starting to take Brabus apart, it's been way to wet to mess with it.Take Care!Tom

Posted (edited) · Report post

I do not live in any of the states you mentioned but I do live in Georgia. I get to Nashville every once in a while. If you see a silver/silver pre-2008+ model with tinted windows, wing mirrors with LED turn indicators and a Georgia license plate, its me. Honk and wave! :)

Come to think of it, we should come up with some sort ClubSmartCar hand signal that we can flash to eat other. Comes in handy later when we come to the forums and/or are not driving our Smarts. :P Maybe just flash the American Sign Language's letter C? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_manual_alphabet

Edited by briand

Hi BrianD,We are practically neighbors, eh? hehe!Have you visited the good folks at the ATL MBenz/smart dealership in Buckhead? Ken Secrist is the smart service manager, and they have actually some regular customers who own 450 smart cars. They, in fact, are the shop that programmed the TAN code of the OE cruise control I installed in Bugger, my first smart car.Pay Ken a visit. He is quite amiable and smart-friendly.BTW, our Sourthern smart owner numbers are growing! We should get together some time...Cheers,

Edited by gauchorojo

Any of you folks going to make the Outsmarting the dragon event in September?We tried to make it last year and had to cancel at the last minute but do intend to get there this year. All the way down from Montreal.2seat

I do not live in any of the states you mentioned but I do live in Georgia. I get to Nashville every once in a while. If you see a silver/silver pre-2008+ model with tinted windows, wing mirrors with LED turn indicators and a Georgia license plate, its me. Honk and wave! :) Come to think of it, we should come up with some sort ClubSmartCar hand signal that we can flash to eat other. Comes in handy later when we come to the forums and/or are not driving our Smarts. :P Maybe just flash the American Sign Language's letter C? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_manual_alphabet

Great to know!!