Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gadget

Oil Pan With Plug For My 06 Pulse

14 posts in this topic

[i know this has been beat to death but does anyone now the guy in Calgary where I can get the oil pan with plug for my car, I looked in the old posts and an error keeps comming up.. Thanks

on Ebay listing seller id is gjzikaDid you know your SMART Fortwo car DOES NOT HAVE any engine OIL DRAIN PLUG ????? Are you SICK and TIRED from expensive service oil changes ????? HERE IS THE SOLUTION ........ OEM factory oil pan for MCC SMART Fortwo Car with installed magnetic oil drain plug. SAVE YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATELY !!!!!! NO MORE EXPENSIVE SERVICE OIL CHANGES !!!!!! Allows you to CHANGE the engine OIL EASY WAY, instead of "suckin" it out from the original oil pan without drain plug and leave debris and sludge inside of the engine. MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG will catch and separate all microscopic metal debris oil contaminations, which oil filter didn't filtrate. This is another step how to PROLONG YOUR ENGINE LIFE !!! This oil PAN FITS ALL MCC SMART CARS Fortwo, Crossblade and Roadsters GASOLINE AND DIESEL ENGINES SINCE 1998 to 2007 PRODUCTION YEAR !!!!! Oil pan is supplied with : 1. Revolutionary low profile drain system (drain bolt head is just sticking out 3/16" / 5mm over the bottom profile of the pan) 2. Magnetic plug 3. Two m6 pilot bolts (studs) for easy installation of new pan 4. Tube with Silicone RTV gasket maker 5. Step by step DIY instructions for easy installation NOTE: !!!! FOR CUSTOMERS WHO SEND THEIR UNDAMAGED CLEAN OLD OIL PAN TO OUR SHIPPING ADDRESS WE'LL SEND EQUIVALENT VALUE OF US $ 20,- REBATE THROUGH THE PAYPAL !!!!

I posted before I added my comment.George will even install it for you in his garage. He is in Calgary SW in Shannon Estates.

PUTZ on this forum also does the pan exchange in Edmonton, for a flat $60 he will drain the oil, remove the pan, replace the pan with the same kind of pan with a drain pug, filler up with oil, bring your own filter so that can be changed at the same time. Takes about 1 hour. any questions PM PUTZ.

Thanks, this a great help. I will likely have to do the job myself tho as I am in Vancouver and don't really have the time to go to Edmonton,

Thats pretty sweet! I just might have to invest in one since I'm in Calgary! Thanks for the info!One more Q... where do you find the filters? Thanks!

Edited by TickledPink

No drain plug? Does anyone know if the 451 has the same problem?I had the dealer change the oil on Tuesday and had no idea this may be an issue if I wanted to do it myself or have my regular shop do it.

I'm not sure about the new ones... however I was told they didn't have a drain plug because it adds to the risk of injury during a collision. Apparently on regular vehicles they noticed that sometimes in a crash something would get hung up on the drain plug & it would push the undercarriage of the vehicle into the cockpit or something like that. I could be out to lunch so someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I remember hearing.... Right now the only way you can change the oil is to vacuum it out.... huge pain in the butt if you like to change oil yourself. I stopped by Mr Lube the other week just to see if they did it & no one there had any idea how to change the oil, or if they even had filters for it. As far as I know, it's dealership only so far.

You can get the filters from MB, they are about $7, as for a drain plug on the 451 I am not sure, I think they as well have to be sucked out to change the oil, unless you do the conversion.

Right now the only way you can change the oil is to vacuum it out.... huge pain in the butt if you like to change oil yourself.

For a lot of DIY owners this seems to be a case of "try it....you'll like it", before you knock it.

I too was sceptical in 2004 before I took delivery and then did my first own oil change.

The secret is to purchase an extractor and then you are home free.

From the first change onward, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It is the simple and clean way to do it.

No more hot black used oil running down your arm and onto the floor.

No more stripped drain plugs that are more common than you would think.

No more waste oil splashing into a catch pan and then being spilled when transferring into a container for disposal.

No more having to put the car up on ramps to get at the drain plug.

Even the filter is a piece of cake to change from the rear, again with all wheels on the ground.

Doing my own every 5,000 kms and with 80,000 kms on the car, I haven't spilled a drop and would never go back to the pull the plug method.

In all honesty, the drain plug is stone age technology compared to the extraction method.

Just one man's opinion.

I'm not sure about the new ones... however I was told they didn't have a drain plug because it adds to the risk of injury during a collision. Apparently on regular vehicles they noticed that sometimes in a crash something would get hung up on the drain plug & it would push the undercarriage of the vehicle into the cockpit or something like that. I could be out to lunch so someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I remember hearing....

Personally, I think it more likely to be struck in the head by space junk! :P At first I thought the idea of no plug was stupid (I heard MB thinking was if there was no plug it couldn't be left out) but now after using the extractor I find the job cleaner and it works great with my custom made oil tank on my old Harley sportster as well.I think being sold in US led the 451 to getting an oil plug though.

Hrmm... now that sounds better, I'm willing to try it. I didn't know you could buy an extractor!!! Ok, where do you get one of these? I'm such a woman... can't make up my mind on anything ;)