Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

Just Got Off The Phone With Smart Usa :(

3 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to give them a call today regarding any updates on dealerships and deliveries outside of the lower 48... strictly for my curiosity.What the rep told me flabbergasted me."We don't want the cars sold in Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and Alaska" WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?I am in disbelief and frankly quite angry I heard that. I was (and still am) considering putting forth another $99 for a new reservation to get my R32 a friend (actually, I want a daily commuter that's a little easier to live with since I've had the R32 for less than a year and it's on its first trip to the body shop due to daily life on these roads, anyway back on topic). I really do hope that is a single employees opinion as opposed to a corporate opinion, otherwise I may have to look at other brands for a daily driver.

I lived in Florida when I paid my first $99, but moved to Puerto Rico several months in. After my US friends got their invitations, I started getting impatient and got sick of waiting, canceled my ressie, and bought a VW R32. Puerto Rico has always been included in the smart reservations Well, I regret that decision, so on yesterday's call, that's what I was told.