Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

Brabus Spoiler With S-mann Skirts

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well, I caved and bought a Brabus spoiler and some S-mann skirts a while ago and just had Eddy install them on my car. I think they complement each other nicely. I was never a big fan of the Brabus scoop-skirt/mudflaps, even though I was tempted to keep the theme going since I have the Brabus grill and exhaust w/ valance already.

The spoiler (and possibly also the skirts) definitely do contribute to high speed stability - especially on windy days like today. I had an opportunity to do a high speed test immediately before the installation and then installed just a short time later in the same weather conditions.

I'd say the sport suspension had improved stability at speed and in crosswinds by 40%, and the spoiler and skirts have now improved things an additional 10% - 15%.

I look forward to exploring what a decent wheel and tire upgrade will add to the equation!

odd - I can't seem to load my pics... I'll keep trying.

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...nspoilerjk0.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s...rnskirtslt0.jpg

Ok, links are the best I can do. Sorry about the blur - must've had too much coffee today.

Edited by Gent

Thanks - now I need to get some HIDs in for the fogs and high beams! :)

Nice "bad-boy" look you got going on there, Gent!B :sun:

Thanks Bil - I've always liked the more aggressive Koenigseder splitter, but I thought that might be a little too overt. lol.

S_mack fixed the pic posting, so for posterity I'll throw them in here as well as the links above. I cleaned the car today, so I'll get some daylight pics as well later.

post-74-1204673243_thumb.jpg

post-74-1204673262_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks Steve, once I get some new rubber on the road maybe I'll give you a run for your money. lol.Edit: added a daylight shot from today.

post-74-1204754660_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gent

Yeah, still blurry though. Something is wrong with either me or the camera apparently...

Naw, it's an ancient Sony HAD cyber-shot. I think I figured it out - I was playing with the settings the other day. I think it prefers to make the decisions itself.

Edited by Gent

i wonder how difficult it would be to wire up some led lights to come on when with the interior light. I'm thinking that whenever the door opens, little LED lights would shine onto the ground. Of Brabus has side skirts with the LED lights in them for the 451. But I have two 450s. I think it would "class up" the look a bit.

I would like to run something like that, but apparently there is nothing for sale right now that can be used with widestar fenders.To bad, I like the look,