Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crankin

Aftermarket Wheels

22 posts in this topic

Which wheel from 450 will fit 451? Are spacers required? I remember reading about it somewhere in here via Eddy.

Sorry to tell you. But 450 wheels will not fit 451.Firstly, 450 wheel mostly if not all are not suitable to install tire pressure monitorsSecondly, 450 generally use ET-1 offset at the rear. 451 require 25-35. 450 wheels will be sticking way out of the fenders on a 451.If someone tell you to add spacer on 450 wheels to 451; he is going the wrong way.

I have seen Spikelines being sold as a bolt on for the 451. Can this be? Okay I do understand the offset and found the pic link that you posted....it did look a lil goofy.

CrankinThey are selling replica spikelines for the 450 and the 451 in the UK. I have seen them advertised on one of the UK sites. They look the same but are cheaper (possibly in quality too?). There are specific sets for both.todd

Crankin

They are selling replica spikelines for the 450 and the 451 in the UK. I have seen them advertised on one of the UK sites. They look the same but are cheaper (possibly in quality too?). There are specific sets for both.

todd

These - Link

Posted Image

Not sure if they are genuine spikelines or not, if they are they are 4 front wheels all round, rear spikelines are wider with a deeper dish. Front spikelines are ET24, so they could fit.

They are the replica's. If you go to the shop option on that site and look at the description for the wheels it tells you.

Depending on the price and build quality it could be a viable alternative based upon the purchasers desires.

So 450 rims won't work on a 451...but will 451's work on a 450? I love some of the new wheel designs and I'm looking to get new summer wheels...

So 450 rims won't work on a 451...but will 451's work on a 450? I love some of the new wheel designs and I'm looking to get new summer wheels...

You'll most likely need spacers. The track will becomes narrower then stock if you just use 451 wheels. And we all know how well the car handles with stock narrow wheels.

I was at Mecedes in Ajax Yesterday, Chrome wheels coming out 2nd half of 2008. (And will fit the 450). Sure gonna look good on my blue on Black smart with chrome package!

What does everyone think of the new KAHN RSL WHEEL?YOUR COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!These beauties are available in 6.5x17 F and 7x17 R

post-6909-1237301682_thumb.jpg

post-6909-1237301778_thumb.jpg

Greetings:When they are clean, they look, busy. Too bad you might have to drive on them and get them dirty. I bet you could wash the whole body before you properly clean one of those wheels.I like cleaning and waxing my wheels, but I don't want to spend the whole day doing it.Well, you asked...Ian

Ian - you are right on the money. That is the first thing that is noticed. How much work is needed to keep them clean. Compound the design with front wheel disc brake dust and you have a day's project for the toothbrush and Q Tip cleaning squad. Once the novelty and ego trip wears off, who would want to be cursing them every time you look at them?I would sure never buy them.Just one owner's opinion.

Three to six spokes on a smart wheel is ideal. Those wheels look like they should be 24 inchers on a black SUV. I'm sure they're good wheels, just not designed to look good on a smart. IMO.

The simple elegance of the three spoke design is perfect for the smart - three wheel bolts, three spokes.I pass an old suv on my way home and it has a set of fussy 20" wheels that have been ignored for a year. A freaking mess - fortunately scrap aluminum is still worth something. If I had the money to replace wheels instead of cleaning them, I would still shy away from multi-spoke designs. They make my fingers hurt.Ian

Three to six spokes on a smart wheel is ideal. Those wheels look like they should be 24 inchers on a black SUV. I'm sure they're good wheels, just not designed to look good on a smart. IMO.

LMAO Mike you can have both all in one package!!

Posted Image

:)

-Iain

Hey, 4theluvofHockey,Can you post a pic of your car with them on?Don't worry, I just found your car on introductions, VERY nice!

Edited by Coast Steve