Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J2H

Exit Delay Lamps And Rain Sensor

9 posts in this topic

What exactly are these and what do they do? If I didnt get the Comfort Package, what would these cost to add later?

The Comfort Package, available on US fortwo, is the only way to get Leather Seats, Exit Delay Lights, Rain & Headlamp sensor. I haven't seen these as a dealer installed option.BTW - They're no big deal. The sensors turn on/off headlamps when it's dark, and on/off wipers when it's wet. The exit delay keeps the lights on for a short time after you exit the car.

saronian pretty much covered it. You can't add the individual items (except power steering and heated seats) afterwards."Exit delay lamps" is basically the "Follow-Me Home" function where the headlights remain on for 15 or 30 secs (I forget) before automatically turning off.

We don't have these options in Canada??

Nope. :(. Automatic headlights would be nice (don't care for rain-sensing wipers)

My other vehicle is a Kia Sedona van which comes with rain sensing wipers. It is a nice feature, were it available I would really think about it. B)

My other car has rain sensing wipers and I find that they work well and I like them. The entry and exit delay that the lights are a nice safety feature especially if you happen to be going to your car at night and want to see inside your car BEFORE you get in. Heated leather seats are nice in cold or cool weather.