Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LKern

Two Fill-ups

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've had my Passion for a week now, and have filled the tank twice. Sure, I drove it a lot, mostly rural roads in Central Illinois back and forth to work and running out for Lattes, and the only expressway driving I've done was driving it the 75 miles home from the dealer. I was worried that I'd get the low end of the EPA estimate (like most cars), but what I'm seeing kind of surprised me. First fill up was 44.8MPG with that expressway ride. The second fill up was... 44.8MPG.Any other new Passion owners like to share their results? Frankly I'm THRILLED, and hope it keeps up.

Edited by LKern

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have filled up 4 times now and my average gas mileage is shown below in my signature. NOTE: this is 100% city driving in winter conditions. My gas mileage has improved slightly during this break-in period. I use the "manual" shift mode and usually shift at around 3,000 rpm. I am looking forward to this summer, when the summer tires will be on the car and I will do some highway miles.

Edited by Tom P.

Our first tank, which got us back from Jacksonville Fl to Chas. SC, we got 46 mpg. Mostly highway with some city driving. Fine with me!

The diesel engines take 5,000 kilometers (~3,000 miles) to start giving realistic mileage. Looks like the gas units deliver mileage quicker.

The diesel engines take 5,000 kilometers (~3,000 miles) to start giving realistic mileage. Looks like the gas units deliver mileage quicker.

For sure this is early, but heartening. Time will tell if my results are good... hope so.

Only on my second fillup:1st fillup, avg 35mpg - i think that was more our fault, we were playing with rpms and wasn't sure miles car had when we picked it up from the dealer2nd fillup, 38+mpg, could've also been our fault...BUT, we went on a trip to MA from NY and averaged 55 MPG!!!! NO JOKE!!! I think we're adding this up wrong....we are driving ALOT!note: 2 fillups, almost 700 miles...I think we are definitingfiguring this out wrong, but 3rd tank we'll see how wrong our calculations are. I would guess we are averaging 40+mpg..Get back to you...

We have 2500 miles on our car now. We were getting mid 30's 1st couple of tank fulls. And then as we put on more mileage the car just kept on getting better. The wife is using 4 gallons a week 5 trips to town 42 miles round trip. 52mpg