Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayneo66

My Fortwo Has Arrived And Is In My Garage!

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,Just got back a few hours ago from smart center in South Charlotte, NC, where I spent my lunchtime taking delivery of my fortwo. I dealt mainly with Matteo, the brand manager there at 'sc/sc', and am pleased to report an excellent sales experience! :thumbsup_still: My blue fortwo was queued up right by the main doors of the showroom, just waiting for me to show up and drive 'er right out of there! Matteo and the staff were all very friendly and helpful getting my info all assembled and the deal was all taken care of with no surprises. We were there around 90 minutes altogther and enjoyed speaking with some other customers that were picking up their car, as well as some potential customers just checking out the new cars.My car was gleaming from front to back, and Matteo walked me through all the basics, which I had a jump start on, thanks to reading about all the experiences of my CsC amigos (as well as that Owner's Manual download I found a few weeks back). Surprisingly, Matteo also mentioned that I'm probably the first customer from my town to have a smart, because he hadn't delivered any fortwos to anyone from Hickory, NC! That was a hoot to hear, as I figured I might be an 'early adopter', but I never thought I might possibly be my town's 'first fortwo'!After signing my autograph with the finance manager several times, and dropping my check on the desk, my fortwo was finally in my possession!! :D Matteo was kind enough to man my camera for me as I wheeled 'er out the showroom doors!Out on the road and up to speed, I was amused at the initial crosswind 'dance' that I had read about here on CsC. I'm going to need several days to acclimate to pedal position/shift points/power dropoffs when shifting. Lots of peculiar looks in my direction...but I guess I'll need to get used to that. B) When we went to eat this evening, a number of the restaurant servers were eyeballing that strange sight in the parking lot, and even a couple customers came in my direction and said, "I like that car!"We're home for the evening now, my fortwo and me, and I'll probably be reading my owner's manual this evening. Day #1 has really been something else! I hope in a year or two I can still say "This was a very smart decision!"Thanks and quick shout-outs to Regina, Commander Cody, Ohiosmart, aphoenix, and everyone else here on CsC that have made this past year a really great journey! Y'all rock! :lol: adios for now,Wayneaka wayneo66

post-4327-1205364214_thumb.jpg

post-4327-1205364226_thumb.jpg

Congrats Wayne,Looks like you new baby has a nice, secure home to protect her from the storm systems that have been rolling through your region this year. New car manuals make for dandy bedtime reading -- enjoy!

Congrats Wayne, your story reads a lot like mine. I got my smart yesterday. Really enjoyed the smart car buying experience. CSC is really a great place to learn a lot about smart cars. If it weren't for Mike T, I would never have gone to the smart factory back in Jan. Enjoy!

Congratulations!For me the ''smart experience'' has gotten better over the past 3 years! ENJOY! :drive:

WayneI bet the first Outer Banks cruise will be an event to remember.Take pics!

Congrats Wayne! South of the Border will never be the same.Read that manual 3 times!

Congratulations! the enthusiasm hasn't faded in two years for us...just the opposite....maybe we will see you on the Outer Banks B)

Congratulations on your new baby, she's beautiful! Or is it a boy with that baby blue? LOL Lovely color combination, I really like the new blue they're using much better than the blue I have on mine. I see by your picture that you've got that classic smart owner grin! Fun aren't they?