Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEBO

Evil Twin Exhaust

30 posts in this topic

How much were the rotors? I am not impressed with Mercedes or smart OEM cast iron. Rusts WAY too easily!

I just ordered direct from their website, took a bit of time to adjust the tax and shipping but then once it was sorted was here in a little over a week, via UPS. I know they have huge volumes of emails so it can take time to get a response, if you really want some info might be best to just call.The rotors and pads came as a package for 110 pounds including VAT, so probably $250 or so, a very reasonable price I think.

Mike_T and Canadian Turbo, I have the EBC slotted and cross-drilled rotors (like the ones in the picture posted earlier) for my Chevy HHR and I have noticed that they rust quicker than the EBC slotted rotors that are on my Smart. It seems that there is a coating on the rotor of the slotted and there is no such coating on the slotted and cross-drilled rotors.

Edited by briand

I know that cast iron works very well for the cost, but why aren't stainless rotors available. They come stock on BMW and other bikes so why not for cars?

post-6582-1279238176_thumb.jpg

Mike_T and Canadian Turbo, I have the EBC slotted and cross-drilled rotors (like the ones in the picture posted earlier) for my Chevy HHR and I have noticed that they rust quicker than the EBC slotted rotors that are on my Smart. It seems that there is a coating on the rotor of the slotted and there is no such coating on the slotted and cross-drilled rotors.

I have the same ones, the first time I drove the car the gold color coating came right off.Mine are dimpled too