Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calgarysmart

alternative servicing

9 posts in this topic

I am due for an a service... I do NOT want to go back to the dealerships. Is there an alternative that someone trusts?

I am due for an a service... I do NOT want to go back to the dealerships. Is there an alternative that someone trusts?

Sadly I asked the same question for a alternative servicing in Alberta and there is NONE. Your only option other than dealer is to goto, member, FastEddy's shop for service. Unfortunately he is in BC, but actually wants to work on your car without you pulling out a second mortgage. Give him a shout if your planning on visiting BC in the near future. Edited by tyrant

i do all my own servicing at the shop where i work, we also service a couple of other smarts. pm me if you want to chat on the phone about what we have to offer. :)

i do all my own servicing at the shop where i work, we also service a couple of other smarts. pm me if you want to chat on the phone about what we have to offer. :)

Hi Putz,Why not list here what you offer to do and for what service charge? That way others will know and not need to PM you to find out. Makes it easier for everyone.

i want to be able to service everyone properly and im still kinda learning what we can and cant do on these little cars. the basic servicing, oil filter hoses, belts and lights are a no brainer, but i dont want to get in over my head just yet. but anyone who needs just the basics, we have no problem doing any service. i am also a strong believer in replacement of the oil pan to one that has a drain plug so the servicing is quicker for the customer.

I have had work done by Putz and am very pleased and grateful for everything he's done for me and Jennifer :D

Maybe just go to the dealership for a lube service, much cheaper than a or b service. They will still check over the car for additional work and warranty work, they will do any warranty work if they have the time, any additional work they find (brake fluid, coolant, belts, fuel filter) will be noted and they will call and ask if you want it done. The only think you won't get is a short test and your service indicator reset. the short test who cares, if something is really wrong with the car a light will come on. Service indicator can be reset by anyone.

I ran into Reg Riemer from RCTS (The remap folks) and he said he is now performing maintenance on Smarts due to popular demand. I haven't had him work on mine yet, but it would be worth a call to him if nothing else.

http://www.monsterhorsepower.com/

Reg Reimer

http://www.monsterhorsepower.com/

Well know on the race car circuit.

Does all Mercedes service.

He is very modest but is very well travelled in the US as a consultant for racing teams.

He is also used by Mercedes for trouble shooting.