Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VinceS.

smart fortwo Delivery Date Estimator

18 posts in this topic

Received the email just now... ;)

http://www.smartusa.com/smart-car-delivery-ETA.asp

Delivery Date Estimator

smart USA is pleased to announce the new vehicle “Delivery Date Estimator”. This online service allows Reservation Holders the ability to see the estimated time of delivery of their vehicle within an approximate 90 day window.

smart USA looks forward to delivering your smart fortwo as soon as possible. We hope you find this tool useful as you plan for the arrival of your vehicle.

A few notes before you get started:

* All dates are subject to change based on any number of factors some of which may be beyond the control of smart USA.

* All dates are solely an estimate of vehicle delivery date and are not guaranteed; there is no guarantee or warranty that the dates are accurate or that your vehicle will be delivered.

* Vehicles may arrive sooner or later than projections provided based on changes in existing customer orders, smart USA production schedules, and potential changes to the dealer locations.

* You will be notified by your authorized smart center dealership when your vehicle is closer to its scheduled production date with a more accurate delivery date.

* Reservations placed after a certain date may result in purchasing a future model year smart fortwo. Additional charges may apply.

* The dates are for informational purposes only and do not constitute an offer to buy or sell a smart vehicle. The purchase of any smart vehicle shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable purchase agreement between you and your smart dealer.

Simply enter the email address associated with your reservation. If you need any assistance please contact smart customer service at 1.800.smart.USA (762.7887) or click here to send an email.

ooooh baby. I am not happy about this.Reserved 1243 May 07ETA December 2008 to February 2009Im fuming right now. Should have bought an orphan when I had the chance. Wasting too much money in gas waiting around for whatto me seems like smart USA needs to get their sh$%^ together. My friends and family think Im whacked in the head to wait 18 plus monthsfor car when you can have something else or probably put in for the new Toyota thats coming and get it sooner. UNREAL! I think people are going to start jumping ship now. This will be a deal breaker for sooo many. Minis, Prius, Yaris, Fits that are sitting on lots and the forth coming IQ are now going to start looking very good in their eyes.

I am upset too! Just got off the phone with Smart USA. Have been talking with them alot and was told to call back today for a 90 day window! Well i thought i would receive my car within 90 days! Wrong AGAIN! Placed reservation on May 22 2007 and configured on Dec 14 2007. My car should be here between Nov 08 and Jan 2009!! I am in Memphis Tn area with no dealers around. would love to get an orphan! Me and 10,000 others! Oh well-I am so tired of waiting! If i posted this wrong--i"m sorry -I never post anything on the internet because i'm not sure of what to do! Have a great day! Smart messed mine up!

Before everyone gets too upset, do some homework by calling the manager at your local dealer. The Estimator has some glitches, and doesn't take into account production increases. It's essentially looking at a worst case scenario, and doesn't want to promise what it can't deliver. However, a call to your local dealer will help alleviate this worst case scenario. The more orders there are, which are not cancelled, the faster the cars come.

Okay, took your advice. Just called the dealer and spoke to the manager. Said sorry he cannot help me and for me to call Smart USA for more information and details.

Same Old Story. Dealer is essentially there right now to push paperwork have you sign your loan docs and deliver cars to reservation holders.

There is no service there yet at the dealer level. :(

I'll assume that several factors were/are involved like number of vehicles per area, dealers per area, reservationist per area, yadda, yadda, yadda... I did notice the reserve number 1243 that Schmimbo has... I also have the same number (1243) and his and my estimated delivery dates are pretty different. See my signature for further info.

Mine says "already delivered"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny, I know they're small, but I don't see it in my driveway yet!

i'm sure some will be happy with their estimated date and some will be disappointed. i think the fact remains that even significant abandonment by frustrated consumers won't largely affect the timeline - there are presently just too many consumers and not enough vehicles to meet the demand.i can appreciate the difficulty there must be in managing something like this on a nationwide level - so many factors in play, no previous model to base your approach on, there's nothing traditional about the distribution or delivery as a result of the startling demand that swelled long before the first vehicle hit the states. it would seem they are taking steps to try and improve communication and very early tracking in an effort to help manage customer expectations... one must realize that the US market shares it's orders with the rest of the world - it's not a dedicated factory for US models destined for US dealerships - so i am sure the whole business is vastly complex, managing factory allocation for each market in addition to balancing shipments to each state, each dealership and tracking so that the end consumer is also including in that variable mix.i can't imagine a significantly better way to do it other than to forbid orphans from being sold to walk-ins and match up orphans to previously-confirmed orders.that's my only gripe is orphans - there are a limited amount of possible configurations of these vehicles, so any orphan i am sure exactly resembles a configuration someone else on the list is still waiting for - bring those people forward. i would not mind it if i never saw vehicles in showroom parking lots waiting for someone to buy them... i think ordering from the factory exactly what you want is the way to go, restrict dealers to the price and get the slimy salesmen out of the loop entirely. :)

that's my only gripe is orphans - there are a limited amount of possible configurations of these vehicles, so any orphan i am sure exactly resembles a configuration someone else on the list is still waiting for - bring those people forward. i would not mind it if i never saw vehicles in showroom parking lots waiting for someone to buy them... i think ordering from the factory exactly what you want is the way to go, restrict dealers to the price and get the slimy salesmen out of the loop entirely. :)

This is one of my biggest complaints about this program. I dont think its fair at all about walk-ins or dealer price gouging extra crap to take advantage. Its not like the dealer isnt going to make money off of us in the future with parts, pieces, oil changes, services etc.Orphans should go to the next person in line at assigned to that specific dealer that ordered that exact car. Im sure its easy enough to break down the spreadsheet by dealer and then customers order. "Next Black on Black cabrio goes to with comfort package goes to?" and go down the list of all assigned people to your dealer and or nearby dealers. I'd be willing to drive 100 miles to pick up my smart if another dealer has it waiting and its my turn to collect my smart. Only after all possible reservation holders have had go at it should it be up for walk-ins. I highly doubt there would be any orphans if we followed this rule. Too many people/reservation holders want and need these cars that have been patiently waiting and playing by the rules to allow for any walk-in Johnny Come Latelys to jump in and drive off! It really pisses me off.

another way to work it would be that walk-ins are okay to buy orphans, but they have to wait a year before they can pick it up. :)

:lol: I was so upset Monday when i went to the estimated date of delivery and it showed Nov 08 -Jan 09 for my delivery time. I reserved my Smart on May 22nd 2007 and configured on Dec 14 2007. Today i went back to the dilivery estimator and the dates have changed!!!! Now delivery estimated date is 4-25-07 to 7-24-07 !!!! I am so HAPPY! :D

I reserved my passion coupe on May 6, 2007 and configured on December 14, 2007. On March 16, 2008 I received a phone call from my smart center and was advised they had received my internet order and to expect delivery within 90 days, which makes it mid-June. According to the EDA the timeframe is 4-4-2008 to 7-3-2008 which brackets the time frame I received from the smart center. They also invited me to test drive a US version to see how it compares to the EU version I drove last June during the road show. I have an appointment for Saturday afternoon to take the drive and am looking forward to a longer drive with higher speeds and use of the paddle shifters. :D

They moved mine from Apr 26, 2008 -> Jul 25, 2008 to Mar 22, 2008 -> Jun 20, 2008 BH Benz called 3 days ago and said our Smart has already been shipped out. ETA at the dealership is mid-May.

My DDE has changed several times over the past week, currently it is March 8 -> June 6, but mid-May would be welcome! Does smart still issue a 30 day notice with the VIN?I ordered the velour floor mats and the retractable luggage cover from my smart center. Both were in stock, but the cargo cover was the last one they had and it is listed a "back ordered" with no date for available covers at this time, I'm glad I could get one. This is more evidence of the excitement we all share at becoming fortwo owners. :D

Well, that is pretty nice car to drive for non-long distance journey. If not mistaken they are also gas saver. Can anyone tell me how much is the cost of this smart car? But sucks you need to wait 90days to get your car.

You lease cars and don't know what a smart costs?