Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest suntansailor

LED alarm light tied to Doors Locked flashing LED

9 posts in this topic

I own a USA 2008 cabrio, and am looking for anyone with access to the electrical diagram. I want to install a "poor mans alarm LED" on plactic part of airco dash so thieves would by-pass the car and look for one without a flashing light.I pulled off the switch panel from the dash for the lock buttons, and found Smart uses a circuit board approach to the switches, which is very difficult to see what wire does what regarding the PIN connector to the switch board. All I want to do is tap onto the wires that make the LED flash in the actual Locked switch with an 18" extension LED light on the dash so it is way more visible.If I can figure out which wires make the locked switch flash, this would be a $10 solution.Any help on this?Gordon. Atlanta

I would like some info on this if you are successful. Alarm I have but LED I don't and I believe it is the biggest deterent....the alarm stickers are nearly impossible to see in my underground.

On the 450, a flashing LED on the door lock button on the top of the dash is activated when the car is locked. I'd be surprised if that is not the case with the 451.

Posted (edited) · Report post

You are right! I never noticed the alternating flashing of the door lock lights.

Edited by crankin

Cut 1/4" piece off of clear venetian blind actuator rod.

Apply small amount of plastic model cement around edges

and mount over top of existing led light.

Greatly enhances profile and brightness of dash light. :rolleyes:

Another option is to use an led light and put a small battery on it, AA? led's use almost no power, so it would last for monthsThen you don't have to go into the system

On the pre 2008 model, at least, the current driving the LED in the dash is VERY low. It won't drive a regular LED directly, so that you could see it. Believe me I tried and gave up. I just went and built an LED flasher circuit using an old Texas Instruments flasher IC that is turned on when the wireless alarm system is active.

In the 451, the "LOCK" button is illuminated when the door is locked, right?Could you rig the circuit to have that light blinking?

Here is what you need.

I have nothing to do with this auction, just providing info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HYPER-RED-F...sspagenameZWDVW

Easy to Install

Come with 3 feet of wire

White: Connects to constant 12+

Yellow: Connects to any 12+ accessory wire (12+ when the ignition is on)

Black: Ground to any 12- wire or any screw that is in metal.

When the car is ON the led is OFF.When the car is OFF the led is automatically ON.

$13 shipped

Good luck

CUBE