Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

Saltspring Island - May 10th Event

94 posts in this topic

Doh! The other right - yes the shopping centre is to the left - unless you consider the legion a shopping centre.Hee Hee - bring your thinking caps - Did I mention I have a degree in Computer Science and math? The clues are simple but have an element of thinking involved.Cheers,Cameron

A very big thanks to Cameron and Gerri for all the time and trouble they went to - great time. Thanks

That was fun! It was nice seeing you all, and another pair of thank-yous to the Speedie clan!

post-74-1210470910_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all who showed up for a fun-filled day, and especially to Cameron and Gerri....and Gerri's mom for the delicious chocolate cake!

Hi GangThat was fun! Big thanks to all of you as well - I will get some pictures up tomorrow - don't have the cable with me - we are finishing up the yummy cake as I type.Sorry we didn't have more local content - we made some new contacts today - I am sure they will be happy to help get the word around for future rallies.Cheers,Cameron

WOW! That was a long but fun day! :dance: Special Thank You to Cameron and Gerri. :bowdown: It was great to see everyone that came out.

post-72-1210481659_thumb.jpg

post-72-1210481870_thumb.jpg

That was great! The picnic at the beach, followed by a code-busting treasure hunt (I think I have a future hacking into Swiss bank accounts :) ), and a beautiful drive on winding country backroads----all with a great bunch of smarties. The rain even held off until I was leaving----and I just caught my ferry home.I guess when the locals see their paper next Wednesday, they'll realize what they missed.Thanks again Cameron and Gerri.

post-56-1210525556_thumb.jpg

post-56-1210525674_thumb.jpg

post-56-1210525738_thumb.jpg

post-56-1210525836_thumb.jpg

Awesome pics! Glad everyone had a good time! Congrats on to the toaster winner!SSI and Deezle's car is still clean? Did you get Gent to detail it before each pic? :P

We add our " THANKS" as well for a job well done by Cameron and Gerri ( and Gerri's mum for a fabulous cake...) sure wish we hadn't rushed for the ferry...( living on Gabriola island for 7 1/2 years made me paranoid about ferries...)Judy and Louis

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some more pictures - the remaining cake did not survive the evening!The winery was definately a case of seridipity - at first we were going to go by then I figured - ah what the heck - pull in - and then we we saw a shiny red cabrio - we knew that we were in the right place!So no worries on the rush to get the ferry - so goes life on the Islands.Here is a story for you - apparently the Brother in Law saw a smart being towed - wondered if it was one of us - nope!He caught up with the tow truck driver the next day - found out what the scoop was. Apparently the car wouldn't start - okay - not so strange - but the reason was - the lady that owns (I hope that it is her car anyways) the smart had decided the dash needed cleaning, and as we know nothing gets rid of dirt quicker than a good old blast with the hose! :o:o:o:o:o:o Yep she used the hose to clean the dash - not sure if she confused the smart with a Honda Element or what - but I definately would put that on the things not to do list.Sean - we need to get another toaster - I need to get it engraved this time so it doesn't wind up in someones kitchen! :lol: Cheers,Cameronps. Gerri wants to do a wine and cheese run in June - watch for details!Cheers,Cameronpost-375-1210655943_thumb.jpgpost-375-1210655976_thumb.jpgpost-375-1210656000_thumb.jpgpost-375-1210656046_thumb.jpgpost-375-1210656224_thumb.jpgpost-375-1210656695_thumb.jpg

Edited by Speedie

Yep she used the hose to clean the dash - not sure if she confused the smart with a Honda Element or what - but I definately would put that on the things not to do list.

LOL! She's probably a distant relative of Gent. :lookaround: I hope she didn't decide that the inside of her fuel tank must be dirty, too.

Hey now. Even my mom (who knows nothing about cars), would never do that!

Looks like a fun day! I could probably be convinced to join in a wine and cheese tour in June! :D

You Island people have all the fun! I am hoping to come over to Parksville/Qualicum area June 12 or 13 to 15th.Any plans in that area for that time frame? If so I can maybe convince hubby that I need to take my baby instead of my big MDX! :D

Hmm, maybe the weekend of the 14/15th of June could be the winery tour? Who is planning it?

Hmm - looks like the wine tour will be the 15th - watch for details - I will start a post - as soon as I figure out exactly what Gerri is going to try and shoehorn into the day - hopefully it is a smart day - small on the outside but plenty of room on the inside :lol: Cheers,Cameron