Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

Jeep close call

12 posts in this topic

This would have scared the bejeesus out of me...credit to the original poster over on the fitfreak website...

post-74-1207847757_thumb.jpg

Heck of a way to gather firewood :lol: MG

I wonder if the driver is singing soprano?

With the Smart's tridion safety cell the stick would have broke in half and never have come threw the tub.

The tridion cell is designed to prevent a car from coming in, not a stick. If you look at the pix there are a lot of holes up front that a stick could have entered via

post-171-1207921185_thumb.jpg

On a further note just because Smart call it a "tridion" cell and paint it a different colour doesn't mean they invented it or that it's better than other safety cells cars have. I imagine the Jeep is designed for rough off track driving and would be a tough car.That guy was really lucky. Or unlucky. Either way it could have been a lot worse. There seems to be no blood on the seats.

i'd call that a tree, not a stick. and that result would have happened to any vehicle in a similar situation IMHO.there are elements of the jeep that are very rugged. roll bars, steel body, box steel frame (no unibody). the firewall would not be impervious to a pine javelin under the right circumstances however. :)this is scarier than a little old stick!post-3944-1207940024_thumb.jpg

Never had that happen when out Jeeping - then again I carry a saw/axe, go slow, and don't run over trees - okay the occasional alder sappling sprouting out of the road - but definately not trees.Drive shafts have been known to do this too - the effect is not quite as dramatic or prone to cause the urge to throw up.Did see one idiot that smacked into a rock at speed - turned a steel wheel into sort of an "a" shape - he manage to make it to the highway before the tire blew - then he didn't have a key for the spare - or a jack or a lug wrench - guess he had great confidence in his ability to hike out - LOL.Cheers,Cameron