Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dancote

Scanguage II on sale

9 posts in this topic

That's a really good price. Just an FYI though, a lot of retailers with old stock are blowing them out because the latest version has the new X-Guage feature with 25 user-programmable guages. There's no way of knowing by the name or the box. All the ones I have and the ones that Smartzuuk are selling are the newest version. I'm not saying this one isn't... but there's a good chance it isn't. - Steven

It is an OK price (and yes, I did get mine from Amazon.com, for $159.95 with free two-day shipping). But as said earlier in the thread, they won't ship it outside the 48 contiguous states. If you don't have a mail-drop State-side, forget it. Mail-drops like the UPS Store and others charge a monthly and a per-package fee. Tack on a spot exchange rate of 0.97 -- which means 0.93 to Visa or MasterCard -- and $140 becomes over $150 Canadian. Then, of course, you must pay both GST and PST at the border, after you've more than likely driven a couple hundred Kms to pick it up. The SGII sold by Amazon is indeed new stock, and I've had great customer service from Amazon in the past, BUT: if you don't have a mail-drop in the US, and don't do regular trips there for other reasons, it is simply not worth saving what amounts to about $15.

Order it from www.smartieparts.com or through www.100mpg.ca.

Sorry you missed it. These sales don't last long. You have to jump on them immediately.

These deals pop up on an irregular basis. I had missed them before so I signed up at http://dealnews.com/ to get e-mail notifications in their Automotive section. It took about 2 weeks bu,t on Tuesday, I got the one I'd been waiting for, ordered mine and posted the alert.

Try it. It can't hurt.

I had not considered the fact that this offer isn't available to our Canadian members. I have been known to send "gifts" to many of my Canadian "cousins" in the past. Just a thought. If I come across this deal again, I'll just post it in the U.S. section of the board.

No, you can post in the general sections; some of us have US addresses, or friends or family in the US. Had I not just picked mine up a month ago, I'd have jumped on this. :)