Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest smartey

Smart shop manuals on DVD for diesel model

11 posts in this topic

I have one set of manuals on DVD, used once, not copied, these are originals. I purchased them last year after much searching on the net. They were handy. Since I traded-in the smart, I won't be needing these again. They contain all the information you need to do regular maintenance or repairs to your smart. Not compatible with Vista. I accept paypal and can easily ship these in the plastic case using a small bubble-wrap enveloppe. I will need your postal code for shipping cost. Please contact me for more information. Price is $35.00 CAD

Edited by smartey

I'll need your address including postal code to determine cost of shipping. Then I'll give you the total and you can pay safely via Paypal using a credit card. I'll provide instructions. Paypal will notify me when you've paid and I will ship item out right away. Thanks!

If these are the "manuals" I believe them to be, they're simply a plagiarized compilation of information available from other places for example

http://www.evilution.co.uk/ etc. These are not service manuals from Mercedes which are currently unavailable.

The DVDs are not a compilation. I purchased the set from a Communications company in the UK and I don't know where they obtained them but they appear to be genuine Mercedes Benz Technical service manuals. They cover other Mercedes models as well as the Smart type 450. It covers Service A & B, includes photos and drawings, specifies tools to use and has all the MB part numbers. It describes in detail how to check and correct problems with transmission, battery, poly-v belt, check all fluid levels, engine cooling system, clutch actuator, headlamps, windshield wipers & washer system, replacing air cleaner element, remove/install underbody paneling, remove/install generator cover, remove/install bellows, check track rod and drag linkage, remove/install tie rod ball joint, flange joint, check brake linings and discs, removing checking and installing front axle brake parts, remove and install brake shoes, etc...etc...There are installation instruction for the DVD's . OK with windows 200 or XP.I also printed most of the sections of the manuals that pertained to the Smart, these can go with the DVDs if buyer is interested. It will add a bit to shipping.

This item has sold for the asking price. There was a lot of interest but it was only fair to give the first interested person first chance at it. No bidding wars. Thanks to everyone who contacted me with offers to purchase. Sorry I only had one set of these. Enjoy your Smarts!

For a small amount of money 35 CDN and if you were smart and made copies for your own personal use then personally I would have shared the valuable smart knowledge with the smart community instead of one paying person. This way everyone would be able to benefit from your generosity.

Um gang - there is this thing called copyright laws - what you do between each other with PM's is your business - but if you post for the world to see on the internet - well let's just say it is sort of like video taping yourself during commission of a crime......Think of what you will of copyright laws etc. they are still the law and the owner of the copyright can pursue it - and from what I hear MB gets a bit testy about their materials if you don't have permission - and I am sure they know lots of lawyers.Cheers,Cameron

Look guys, we can play as naive as we want... but this site has never condoned the sale or promotion of those illegal materials and its not going to start any time soon. Nobody here said exactly what it was we were talking about so its still left to reading between the lines... but let's end it there. Speedie's right. And to be clear, in case some of you think otherwise, there are NO legally available "shop manuals" or similar, in any format, for the smart car (at least the 450 - I understand the 451 will have something soon). So if you found it on eBay or whatever, tell yourself whatever you want but don't try to sell it here.Discussion closed. If you have a problem with this, you can PM me or start a policy discussion in the Site Feedback section if you wish to debate whether or not we should (dis)allow certain items being advertised. - Steven