Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a2jack

Is there a war on?

5 posts in this topic

I thought we were just one happy smart family, and I often post links to CsC on other sites as well. I will go back and grab the pix and stick them in this thread. Also please erase the link.I didn't realize I was steeping on toes. A2Jack.

I'm sorry? What are you referring to Jack? I've moved this to Site Feedback until I can figure out what you're talking about. It doesn't sound like it belongs in the How To. - Steven

Steven Yea! You're right drop this thread, so we don't dilute the How to. Perhaps we can go into this at another time and place on the board. Have you set a firm policy as yet on links? I understand where you are coming from but the door swings both ways. If we curtail outgoing referralsincoming referrals will be cutoff as well. I do refer a lot to this list and include direct links.Delete after reading. :P Regards A2Jack.

My 2 cents:I believe that the original concern was just a net-iquette issue. Bil nailed it in your howto topic when he gave an example of the preferred mode. It was just dropping in only a link that made people twitch. Fluffing it out with a preamble makes it all good.A lot of us suffered through membership at another site where they were paranoid about outside links. There is no way I would stand by quietly while CsC adopt those sort of policies. We value your participation and submissions. The criticism was more of the sort we give to people who do all their typing with the "caps lock" key on.

Gent's bang on... I didn't see a problem with the link out, just that it was ONLY a link out. There should be a good amount of content to go along with the link so they know what they're going to find there. A re-post is even better because it keeps them on our site.No, we don't have a policy regarding linking to other forums, but in my mind if the sole purpose of the link is to take someone elsewhere, rather than being a compliment to our members, then it shouldn't be allowed. - Steven